Wow! Chicken crust Pizza!

keto
food

(Kerin ) #1

Found this on YouTube and I’m going to try this for sure!

https://youtu.be/a1R4I7o-UIA

(Not a cow) #2

Thanks Deary, you just reminded me of the chicken pizza that I did along time ago, using chicken in a can, which I have one can sitting there, just waiting for me. The one in your video looks better, since I really don’t like the idea of chicken in a can, but it does come out very nice. Here is the video for pizza from a can, sort of …https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSwchOCdzzc
Now off to make chicken pizza, fortunately I have all the makings on hand.

(Susan) #3

@Moo

I have bookmarked this and I am going to make this this week, this is right up my alley! Thanks.

(Not a cow) #4

I know @Momof5, it was awesome. I just finished eating mine, which was not quite as crispy as theirs, but way better toppings, tomato paste, tomatoes, cheese bacon, some leftover pork, pepperoni, and olives. I’d rather eat with a knife and fork anyway. haha. I’ll have to try it with real ground chicken, as I feel a little guilty using canned processed chicken. :slight_smile:

(Susan) #5

@Moo

I buy a 6 pack of Kirkland’s Premium canned chicken a week at Costco, and I usually just sautee some very keto vegetables and add the can to it for a meal, so I am all set for that! I just bought meats I can put on it last night (no carbs, no sugars) at Costco, and I have olives and peppers to add, and will grate Mozzarella cheese. I bought sugar free organic pasta sauce at Walmart too. So I am now for sure going to make this soon! Thanks =).

(Tyler) #6

Thanks for sharing. That looks amazing I will be giving this a try this coming week

(Gemma) #7

Thanks for this, will give it a whirl

I was inspired by this and made some chicken crust late last week. We don’t have the Mighty Spark sun dried tomato and basil ground chicken she mentioned, so I used ground chicken and added in some Italian seasoning and a little ground Italian sausage with the mozzarella cheese and egg.

A couple things to note:

• I should not have added the sausage. It ended up leaving a pool of fat around the crust when baking. I had to soak it up to keep it cooking. Thinking back, I should have realized this!

• It was about a half inch thick, but I think it would have been better if I would have pressed it out much thinner.

• It was 10x better the next day when I crisped it up in the air fryer. Sincerely, when I had it from the oven it was just ok. When I reheated it in the air fryer, it was more like actual pizza.

('Jackie P') #9

Haha! I was wondering why I had a naff old tin of smoked chicken in my cupboard! Now I remember, I was planning to make pizza!
Thanks for the tips!:yum:

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #10

Ooooh I’ve never seen tinned chicken round here - where in Sussex did you find it?

:poultry_leg:

('Jackie P') #11

Sainsburys! Actually not smoked, cured!

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #12

Thank you! I’d searched my online grocery app and the only results for ‘tinned chicken’ were for pet consumption! Next time I’m passing a Sainsbury’s I’ll have a look!