Would this fast concept work?

fasting

(Ethan) #21

@OldDoug,

I have noticed the same heart thing, but I attribute it to decreased insulin levels. When NOT fasting, my resting heart rate in the morning is 80 bpm, but in the evening it is only 50 bpm. When fasting, my morning rate is 60 bpm and evening is often below 50 bpm. This seems to indicate that the heart rate is tied to insulin levels (which are lower in the evening) more than to how much food is in the stomach.

(Sue Cunningham) #22

Hi Roald
Thanks so much for sharing these ideas.This subject is really interesting and any self measurements of trying these out would be great to hear. It’s a few weeks since it was talked about so did you try the ideas Roald?
I am 62 with no extra fat reserves & recently read Naomi Whittel’s Glow 15 to learn about inducing autophogy.
The idea of regular protein sparing fasting appeals to me as I am keto (fat adapted) and watched a water fasting video where a young boy said that his scars disappeared after 28 days of water fasting. I’d like to experiment with this to see if my body can heal varicose veins, a hand injury or any skin imperfections I could photograph as proof. Anything I can measure really.
Has anyone had experience of scars healing and if so do you have photos? My husband thinks I’m a bit crazy wanting to try all of these ideas so any proof of tangible healing would encourage the idea that internal healing would also make these regimes worth trying. Thanks so much for all of these ideas. So odd how little we appreciate how immensely clever our bodies are.