Worst cold and cough since carnivore

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #62

Yes. I track everything I eat every day using a spreadsheet. For example, yesterday’s summary:

2021-10-20-summary

(Vivin Mathew) #63

Well the doctors sure dont have the answers, and i got tired of them shooting steroid injections on my knees with no effect on the pain. So i took matters into my own hands. one thing i understood is that doctors are clueless. Cause after i took matters into my own hands is when i started noticing a difference in pain. and they wouldnt believe it

(Vivin Mathew) #64

interesting. i use nutritionvalue.org to track what i eat. mostly just to see if i hit the 2000 calories mark.

(Bob M) #65

Man, you’re thin. Here’s my DEXA scans from 2018:

127.4 pounds of lean mass back then. I’m way (as in waaaaaaaay) stronger today. (That was after shoulder surgery.) I wouldn’t doubt my lean mass is close to what you…weigh.

It’s interesting to see our varied bodies and their effects.

If DEXA scans weren’t so expensive ($150+ each where I live), I’d get another.

yup, they don’t get it cause it ‘wasn’t in the textbook’ saying drop these veggie plant toxins from your life and your joints will work better and feel great :kissing_closed_eyes::clown_face:

Til that Dr learning textbook comes out most Docs won’t even go there in that thinking…but ya know, I think alot of Docs are going more keto, low carb in their eating and ‘seeing more truths’ but I think in the end, they don’t give opinions on their personal experiences, they are more likely, for liability, stick to the ancient textbooks in some crazy fashion…well kinda feel that is how it goes down in a way :slight_smile:

but darn when ya need like a good heart surgeon or an Ortho surgeon to help ya, come on, but when you need general ‘why am I miserable’ general practice Dr. we usually get the standard BS of it all LOL

(Robin) #67

@Fieryfire @Fangs , This conversation caused me to really think about my joints. I “have” arthritis. But it feels more like I “had” arthritis these days. I remember my grandma calling her pain “sugar hips”. Seems she knew the cause!

wow that is cool

sugar hips are gotten directly thru the sugar lips :wink: :astonished:

that is cool your Grandma had thoughts on it for her nutrition back in the day linking sugar as the bad guy…I love that!!

So happy your joints are better cause the cleaner we do eat the better our lives truly become, but darn if it don’t take time and sometimes, we don’t ‘truly notice’ the smaller changes we had but dismissed but realize one day…wow and darn I feel a whole heck of alot better!

great post Robin!

(Edith) #69

There are a lot of dietary wisdoms that are now forgotten in this day and age. Take oxalates for example. People knew about them over 100 years ago, and understood the importance of the seasonality of eating certain oxalate containing foods.

These days, because we can get nuts, fruits and vegetables all year round, we are told it’s healthy to eat these foods all year round when really our bodies should be getting breaks from them. Very few people know about oxalates any more.

(Robin) #70

Well, you can count me among them. I just know the basics of keto and run with it. I know you (and others) are much better educated in the specifics and science than I am. Sounds like I need to go read the posts about oxalates!

wonderful comment and great point made…so true!!

(Edith) #72

This is the podcast that first introduced me to oxalates.

(Robin) #73

Thanks. I’ve been reading the long thread about oxalates. I can see I have already dumped most of them. I figured out veggies, nuts, flour substitutes, (and cheese… is that an oxalates?) on my own. No bueno for me. Also… my coffee is decaf. But… I have been using Nut Pods for my coffee creamer instead of my heavy whipping cream…. Which I adore. Mostly to have more calories to play with. But I think I’ll go back to my HWC and see how I feel. How did I not think Nut Pods had nuts? What am I, nuts? LOL. I’ll watch the video. Thanks!

well remember there are long term buildups of plan toxins that effect us and think of it also as ‘we ingest too much Vit C which our bodies will directly’ dump etc. not needed in our urine fast.

So build up of some plant toxins and they can effect us so diff. than what other plants toxins can do in our bodies, like Vit C overload will and does dump fast thru urine which alot of them do but others build up.

so plant intake can vary in issues for our joints and more thru us being individuals who react worse to them ya know and if some dump fast, how oxalates dump is like in their own little darn world and time line which can be a longer term pain in the ***…ugh … :wink: Things like oxalates can be long term bad guys that hit when they want thru as your body heals more and more, they can dormant out til they decide to dump and then one is like----WHY now, WTH? and it has true science behind it even tho we are improving and doing so darn great and get slammed with that ‘WTH? time’ so more we learn how plant toxins work against our bodies in what element they are the more we get better understanding who we might be.

good read:

read this slow and just get a feel about you against the info ya know…just absord the info being open minded to what could be effecting you on a personal level to more extremes and can be issues for you personally.

so just some good chat for carnivore :slight_smile:

(Edith) #75

There are no oxalates in animal foods. And calcium can help with the dumping of oxalate. So, you’re good with cheese. :grinning:

but also remember that ‘all dairy’ included can work against us if ‘we are that one who is effected alot by dairy’ so while plant matter we control to eliminate shows us a ton of who we are, as much as carnivores ‘can allow some dairy’ might show us that we are not people to rely on it…in that it is a processed human made item. No one is out hunting cheese. No one is out farming yogurt off the vine. All cows milk made by the momma was for that baby cow so if we think fresh meat, seafood fish and fowl against what ‘we allow ourselves thru dairy’ we see big diff on how we process that for our own personal bodies.

so dairy is a ‘do you as you feel’ and see fit item in a carnivores life in the end of it all and yes that dairy can wreck havoc on joints and bathroom issues and more like allergy type issues and more if we are one who can’t do it.

so thru big elmin. which carnivore is that is why NO dairy is recommended when we start and we see if adding back is ‘ok for us on a personal’ level.

just some carnivore chat to consider :slight_smile:

(Robin) #77

@VirginiaEdie @Fangs. Cheese doesn’t work for me. Except for cream cheese (in moderation) and heavy whipping cream. My husband was just heating up some Mac & Cheese. Just looking at it made my joint hurts and tired. LOL. At first, on basic keto, cheese was a regular part of my diet. But as I started noticing what messages my body sent after meals, I was able to identify my personal “basket of deplorables”. (Or intolerables.) Veggies, nuts, cheese. I got tired of eggs pretty quickly, but may add them back just for some variety and see if they have any adverse efect. I can definitely spare the calories now.

love it

for me I walked dairy in a way that worked for me. years 1-3 more heavy til I flipped and dumped cheese mostly cause I always did ok on it, but thru time on plan my mental food list is I don’t require cheese at all, til that day I want some so I went darn near so low in cheese that I don’t even think about it as ‘a carnivore food anymore’ but some, like you FEEL dairy so rough that it is a real deal to be a real thought of what it does to your body. Cool

your eggs might come back or not or you might sub in pork belly against that or might eat up a steak in the morn instead LOL We change as we need to change. I did eggs like a maniac when I started and relied on ‘omelets eating out at diners’ with bacon and cheese as my ‘go to’ to eat when hubby dragged my butt out but NOW, I haven’t eaten eggs in any for a long time cause to me ‘as a crutch’ they were great as needed, but gave me nothing nutritionally in full truth in holding power even adding in bacon etc…but now it is with longer term on carni I would rather not eat and get my azz to a steakhouse after hubby had his eggs and pancakes and watch him eating that and then take me to the next food joint I have to have to suits me. But time gives us time to wait for our steaks and other meats, longer we go we can wait and those stupid omelets I ‘needed’ to live my life thru eating out helped me change over to what I need now.

So yea we all walk our own walk for sure!!

(Robin) #79

So true! I would not yet call myself a carnivore, as I know that is a very clearly defined term. Most days, I eat meat. Period. I may add mustard to pork or hamburger, if I wanna get wild and crazy. Otherwise, my normal day consists of see meat, eat meat. But I always have my decaf. Looks like that’s on most approved lists. I should try to give it up, perhaps, just to be cleaner. But not yet. When I dine out, I often get burgers no bun. Or like yesterday at a breakfast joint, I ordered 6 slices of bacon. They have THE.BEST.BACON.OMG! My friends just roll their eyes and laugh. Me too. All the way to the scales.

don’t even say you are not carnivore if you ‘do a tad of relaxed’ as in some coffee or a few spices to jack up your meats.

the best bacon is a great thing in life.

if one ‘eats’ no plants and is experimenting with some spices on meat etc you are carnivore, you just are adjusting thru changes.

when I started fresh garlic was a NO on carnivore but omg I loved it on my steaks. Til about year 1.5 when I put some on and thought, omg I ruined my steak and I dumped garlic forever in my life…so we change easily as we progress but what ‘tastes’ keep us on carnivore will flip around and that is OK cause it is ‘not our food’ as in eating a pile of veggies as a side to our steak, it is just what helps us move forward in taste issues that alot of newer carnivores require to go longer term.

So never be ‘all strict carnivore’ and less than if all you eat is meat with some flavor :slight_smile: you are doing fine…don’t ever let this become you are less than a carnivore cause sometimes this is what it takes for all of us longer term people to change :slight_smile:
hope that makes some sense LOL

(Robin) #81

It DOES make sense. Thanks. I wasn’t sure about the HWC.