Wisdom from the aged. I mean ages. We're old hats at this, we know what's what

(Polly Bennett) #1

Yeah, I guess I’m an oldie…here’s my wisdom:

Stay off the scale.
Hydrate.
Take your magnesium and adequate salt/potassium.
Trust the process.
That’s it. The process works if you work the process.

Nice.

(Polly Bennett) #3

Thanks, sweet Daisy! <3

i have been trying to work the process. i am new at this on my 2nd week. First week i tried to ease into the process with reduced carbs and intermittent fasting 16:8. I felt good but my blood sugars continue to be high last week, i have lost weight but i woke up this morning with gout. i am on my way to the doctor for meds for gout. i think i am eating too much meat more than i typically eat on a diet and i really have not eaten this much red meat in years. i am going to look for some MCT oil to help me. any thoughts

(Keto in Katy) #5

Never trust a fart.
If you’re not hungry, don’t eat.
Get your sleep.

Re: Gout. Try increasing your salt.

Although this forum seems to be dominated by meat lovers, a HFLC diet doesn’t require heavy meat consumption, and it most definitely does not have to be red meat. A large portion of my meat consumption is from fish.

Eggs are an excellent (and cheap) source of protein. If you can tolerate dairy, hard cheeses (ie Parmesion) especially, are an efficient source. Nuts and seeds are good vegetarian protein sources.

Don’t be put off by all the bacon jokes and steak escapades. You do not need to increase your meat consumption to do this diet. Nor do you need to swig down MCT oil.

Went to the doctor and they gave me a pain pill for gout. Yet another pill. geeees…

Just eat a moderate amount of protein (perhaps just eat what you did before going keto). There are calculators available on line such Keto calculator which will tell you what your lean body mass protein needs are. There’s also Diet Doctor site which gives alot of get info plus recipes.