Win or fail; you decide

(Ellen) #1

This last week I’ve been having major carb cravings, the kind I had my first month or so, last night I gave in; bought a single pack of tortellini (65g carbs), cooked half of it, covered in oil, parmesan & mozzarella, ate about half (so maybe 20g carbs) but realised it tasted better in memory than real life, ended up scraping the cheese off and just eating that & drinking the oil. I’m thinking it’s a win as no longer tastes as great (I used to have pasta 3-6 days a week), what say you?

(Allie) #2

Pasta has never been my thing really as mother used to give it to me so much that I avoided it as an adult, but I’d eat chips and mayo several times a week pre keto. Had a moment of madness a couple of months in and decided to have chips again, only to realise they just weren’t very nice at all. Never wanted them since.

(Ellen) #3

I hear you on that, loved chips but these days just the smell from a chippy puts me off.

(Allie) #4

Yeah they just smell greasy and nasty now

(TJ Borden) #5

That’s exaclty what I’ve found whenever I… “indulge”. I say victory because your new memory makes it easier to skip it the next time.

I’m a firm believer in the lifestyle approach, and I’ve found that being disappointed in what used to be go-to meals not only make it easier to pass on them, but it also means when I do choose to indulge (because it is a choice), I make it count. When I eat pizza, I’m not going to waste my carb spike on Pizza Hut, I’m going to a local gourmet wood fired pizza with premium toppings so that at least I enjoy it.

(Doug) #6

Ellen, a total win. :slightly_smiling_face: When I’ve given in (which is all too often), it never lives up to the hype I’ve built up in my mind, nor those fond memories.