WIKI: Favorite videos on ketogenic subjects

wiki

(Kipp Howard) #61

hmmm, Not sure what happened. You just have to prefix each line with a * or - to get the bullets to show up. Make sure there are new lines after each line. See instructions on markdown.

(Kipp Howard) #62

Ok, Iā€™ve added all videos I found in this tread to the top post. I tried to pick the proper category based on the title of the video so if anyone thinks the video is categorized incorrectly, please just move it yourself.

The list is getting quite sizable. :smiley:

Thank you for doing this - the time youā€™ve taken to sort, update and include hyperlinks is very much appreciated! :+1::trophy:

I discovered that there is a ā€œfeature versionā€ of the Sugar Coated film, which is longer than the original version. The free view of this documentary is found here:

Sugar Coated (feature version)

(Kipp Howard) #65

I couldnā€™t get this video to play. The page would show up but clicking the ā€œPlayā€ button wouldnā€™t work in any of the 3 browsers I tried. Is this country locked or something? It seems to be based in Ontario so maybe it can only be played by Canadians or Ontarians (is that a word?).

Thatā€™s possible. Itā€™s part of TVO documentary series. And TVO is a Canadian channel very similar to PBS in the states.

(Alan Williamson) #67

Youtube Video

There questions and answers are very detailedā€¦many doctors. Nerds might like this.

(joe churchill ) #68

Iā€™ve been binge watching this playlist:

So many fascinating lectures featuring this WOE!!!

I really enjoyed:
Dr Eades ā€“ in depth examination of ancestral eating (tl;dr - we are carnivores)
Dr Fung ā€“ two compartments (tl;dr - why CICO does not work)
Dr Westman ā€“ rediscovering what was lost
Dr Fung ā€“ ā€œThe Aetiology of Obesityā€ (tl;dr - it is not you, its your hormones)

I hope LC Breckenridge has a similar playlist created.

NB: these can also be found on Jimmy Mooreā€™s livinā€™ lavida podcasts: http://www.thelivinlowcarbshow.com/shownotes/

I found the 2 compartment talk by Dr Fung absolutely brilliant!

Merged a couple of video topics into here.

(Kipp Howard) #71

Added those two new items to the links.

Thanks. Donā€™t always have time myself. :heart:

(Crow T. Robot) #73

I wanted to add another recommendation: Chris Kruegerā€™s YouTube channel. Heā€™s been around for awhile, but recently heā€™s been doing one a video everyday, answering live questions. Heā€™s really knowledgeable and likeable and has a bit of a different take on health and fitness. Heā€™s an advocate of a keto carnivorous diet with fasting.

Addendum: I donā€™t necessarily follow everything he says, i.e. no dairy. OTOH, itā€™s not because I necessarily disagree with his reasoning, but just that Iā€™m not ready to go to that level and/or donā€™t think itā€™s necessary for me at this time.

Hereā€™s his most recent video as an example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obax3s1Z5fA

(VLC.MD) #74

Gary Taubes ā€˜The Case Against Sugarā€™

Just pure Gold.
Highly recommended.

(Troy) #75

Late to this Party or Movie nightšŸ˜³

Just finally watched the Sugar Film!
Choices ā€¦it was Either that or Willy Wonka once again
No golden ticket, sorry Charlie :grin:

The Sugar Filmā€¦wow!
entertaining and definitely one to share w others or Family members
So recommend