WIKI: Favorite videos on ketogenic subjects

wiki

(Mark Bousquet) #53

Nutritional Ketosis & Metabolic Therapeutics Conference 2016

The Conference on Nutritional Ketosis and Metabolic Therapeutics brings together international experts who speak about their research involving the science of low-carbohydrate nutrition, ketogenic diets, metabolic supplementation and medications that can be used in the treatment and prevention of cancer, metabolic disorders, and neurological diseases. For more information on their 2017 event, please go to www.metabolictherapeutics.com.

Here is a link to their YouTube page with all presentations from 2016.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkUl8S70DCT66YJ30w75d6A

(Keto in Katy) #54

Exactly. Please keep politics out of the forums. It adds nothing of value and only creates conflict, in my opinion.

(Mark) #55

(Mark) #56

(Arlene) #57

Thanks Bacon for posting this video by Jeffry Gerber. My favorite take away was the empowering comment that our best defense against heart disease is not medication of any kind, but rather a low carb, high fat diet. He also mentions the obvious fact that many doctors will find it difficult to offer this advise, as there is no money to be made by telling someone to change their diet. Let us all feel empowered by the dietary information we have been fortunate to find regarding the ketogenic lifestyle. To our health!

(Mark) #58

All this information, is helping to keep me motivated to stay on the right track, glad you found it helpful,and maybe someone will come here in the future looking for answers for themselves or a loved one,and they will find this great resource the dudes have created

I'm new and I'm a BINGER!
(Kipp Howard) #59

I’d say lets go for it. Need to get all the videos that were posted but not added to the list fixed. I’ll start by making the categories and making a guess. I haven’t seen all of the videos yet so maybe we should also have an “uncategorized” category so that those who watch it (or know) can move it into the proper category.

I tried back when I first posted but the bullet’s kept unformatting once i got to about 10-12 videos. Any idea why that was happening?

(Kipp Howard) #61

hmmm, Not sure what happened. You just have to prefix each line with a * or - to get the bullets to show up. Make sure there are new lines after each line. See instructions on markdown.

(Kipp Howard) #62

Ok, I’ve added all videos I found in this tread to the top post. I tried to pick the proper category based on the title of the video so if anyone thinks the video is categorized incorrectly, please just move it yourself.

The list is getting quite sizable. :smiley:

Thank you for doing this - the time you’ve taken to sort, update and include hyperlinks is very much appreciated! :+1::trophy:

I discovered that there is a “feature version” of the Sugar Coated film, which is longer than the original version. The free view of this documentary is found here:

Sugar Coated (feature version)

(Kipp Howard) #65

I couldn’t get this video to play. The page would show up but clicking the “Play” button wouldn’t work in any of the 3 browsers I tried. Is this country locked or something? It seems to be based in Ontario so maybe it can only be played by Canadians or Ontarians (is that a word?).

That’s possible. It’s part of TVO documentary series. And TVO is a Canadian channel very similar to PBS in the states.

(Alan Williamson) #67

Youtube Video

There questions and answers are very detailed…many doctors. Nerds might like this.

(joe churchill ) #68

I’ve been binge watching this playlist:

So many fascinating lectures featuring this WOE!!!

I really enjoyed:
Dr Eades – in depth examination of ancestral eating (tl;dr - we are carnivores)
Dr Fung – two compartments (tl;dr - why CICO does not work)
Dr Westman – rediscovering what was lost
Dr Fung – “The Aetiology of Obesity” (tl;dr - it is not you, its your hormones)

I hope LC Breckenridge has a similar playlist created.

NB: these can also be found on Jimmy Moore’s livin’ lavida podcasts: http://www.thelivinlowcarbshow.com/shownotes/

I found the 2 compartment talk by Dr Fung absolutely brilliant!

Merged a couple of video topics into here.

(Kipp Howard) #71

Added those two new items to the links.

Thanks. Don’t always have time myself. :heart: