Why did I buy this?

(Jay AM) #21

I also have a bag of cocoa butter. I got it for keto white hot chocolate. I still haven’t gotten the chance for it but, some day.

(Jay AM) #22

I’m kind of petty and mean when people pull that stuff with me. That bacon grease wasn’t free! I bought bacon, I’m getting my money’s worth. Sitting with the jar and a spoon and eating it (preferably while maintaining eye contact with the refuses-to-be-educated-but-still-lectures offender).

(Tom) #23

Sounds good! I might try that, in fact last time I was in the States (pre-Keto) I discovered this. Amazing! I’ve been thinking I should try to make a Keto version, and your recipe sounds like it’d do the trick.

PS: G’Day @Alecmcq, we follow eachother on Strava!

(Annalee Haley) #24

May I quote you Ron?

It’s quite useful for a ‘desserty’ kind of fat bomb, because of the faint inherent taste of chocolate and the way it sets firmly. Could also use it as your fat source in a BPC (coffee or cacao).

(Jane Hull) #26

Our bacon grease goes to the dog.

(Karen) #27

Nooooooo, say it ain’t so.
Lucky dog!

K

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #28

I’m sure not going to waste my hard-earned bacon grease on the freaking dog. Let her buy her own bacon! :smiley:

(mags) #29

I have every keto flour known to a ketoer, ditto sweeteners. I never use sweetener. That stuff you use to magically turn melted cheese into an unctuous sauce (not for me it don’t) onion powder, garlic powder, every type of salt you can think of, xanthum gun. I could go on and on and on. I cleared my shelves of carbage but have managed to fill them back up again with all this stuff.

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #30

I have a mini fridge in the house that is dedicated to my projects. Parmesan rinds, clear sous vide beef purge, that sort of thing. My wife does not go in there, as it’s been used for dry aging and maintenance of my sourdough starter previously. I’d recommend a dorm fridge if you have stuff that you don’t want other people messing with.

(back and doublin' down) #31

I mix it into my dogs’ kibble as a special treat. Well, I do when the naughty one hasn’t jumped up on the stove to lick it right out of the baking pan. ugh.

(LeeAnn Brooks) #32

I do the same

(Allie) #33

If you like fatty coffees then it adds a chocolate hint to it… I don’t like it but plenty do.

Making your own chocolate is a thing to explore…

(karen) #34

If you strain your nectar, you don’t actually have to refrigerate it, at least not if you’re going to use it within a week or two. Mum always had her jar of bacon grease under the sink. I keep mine in a cabinet with my other “weird” things like magnesium and chicory root … eye of bat, toe of newt … things that Hubs would give the boot …

(back and doublin' down) #35

ok, y’all convinced me. Poured my bacon grease in a jar after doing a big bacon bake this afternoon. Now to figure out when I’m going to use it.

(Ron) #36

Absolutely! Have at it.:love_you_gesture:

(Jane Hull) #37

She needs to be healthy too! She is a boxer with skin issues. Grain free diet and extra fat on her food, just like me!

(Annalee Haley) #38

Baconnaise!

(Jennie ) #39

Nutritional yeast :unamused: I was SURE I needed it when I went to Trader Joe’s, now I can’t remember why!

(Allie) #40

I have three tubs of nutritional yeast :flushed:

I also have several random ingredients for Carrie Brown’s ice cream recipes that I somehow lost the download file for so can’t use…:joy: