Whole Foods KETO HAUL

(Jennifer ) #1

OH MY GOODNESS.

I had no idea, but Whole Foods has silently gotten on the Keto bandwagon. Here’s what we got:

1. The coffee bar has bulletproof coffee with MCT oil, butter, with the option to add collagen. They blend it. It’s delicious. Same as I pay at Starbucks for my normal drink there, and there’s really no great keto option at Starbucks. Keto-“friendly” snack bars were near the register. They looked good, but I’m fasting so I didn’t get one. So I can’t comment on quality. But the ingredients looked pretty unoffensive.

2. Keto Cups. Google it. My god. Coffee and regular flavor.

3. Seaweed snack packs! We’re obsessed with the salted ones.

4. Lily’s chocolate chips and all the bars!

5. Primal Kitchen avocado mayo!!

6. Shiratake noodles galore…multiple brands.

7. SO MANY KINDS OF BONE BROTH. So many sizes. Some higher priced, some very reasonably priced.

8. They sell beef bones rather cheap for broth…it’s in the frozen section. It’s cheaper to save your own, or go to a butcher, but not everyone has the time or the access.

9. Their self-service almond flour (by the nuts) is cheaper than Anthony’s on amazon.

Obvious none of this stuff is essential for your day-to-day existence, but I’m sure you can all agree…it’s nice to see, and feel seen. So pleased.

That’s some great finds. I’m there from time to time as well as some local competitors and I’ve noticed a subtle increase in keto things. The Whole Foods nearest my office though doesn’t have a very good hot bar, I’d actually call it “anti keto” with the amount of crap that’s in it. It’s interesting because the one in another city nearby is actually good.

I used to eat the big packs you could buy in Costco until I looked at the ingredients. Nothing shocking but I think it was the use of a seed oil that put me off buying them. I didn’t find anything convenient since. Do you know what type of oil was in the Whole Foods ones?

(Jenn) #3

I’ve noticed our local Costco (Yorba Linda, CA) has really pumped up their keto game as well.

It’s progress :slight_smile:

Our local grocery stores are still clueless.

(Bob M) #4

For me, I might buy some bone broth (aka “stock”). That’s it.

I have heard the Primal Kitchen avocado mayo is good, but it’s so easy to make myself…and I rarely eat mayo anyway. Might buy for the kids, though.

At least you have some Whole Foods nearby. Shows that the nearest one to me is 96 miles! :face_with_raised_eyebrow: … I guess I have to keep shopping at Half Foods. :smile:

I can add to your OP list of other things I find at my local WF:

Outer Aisle- cauliflower sandwich wraps and pizza crusts
Mikey’s English muffins
Lakanto Monkfruit sweetener
cocao nibs
Sparkling water in many wonderful natural flavors
decent selection of plant-based proteins

I’m sure I left out a few, and that’s in addition to all of my weekly necessities. sure, I pay a premium for these items, but I can get everything in one location and not have to go to many different stores.

This is great news!

Now, if they would just open up an Whole Foods where I live. :slight_smile:

Personally, I think there should be a store within 5 miles of anyone who is a Amazon Prime member. :grinning:

(The amazing autoimmune 🦄) #9

Whole Foods is one of the few places that carries grass fed beef in my area as well as sugar free bacon.

Another reason to be sad there’s not one near me. :cry:

Yep, same here. The more I hear about them, the more I want to visit one. :frowning_face:

Sadly, I will admit, I’ve never had ‘grass fed beef’ before. … I have had loads of fresh venison from free ranging Whitetail Deer, which I absolutely indeed love! - But no GFB. :neutral_face:

(Jennifer ) #12

Ohhhhh I didn’t know this!

(Alex) #13

gonna stop by mine today! i’m due for some groceries anyway. thanks for sharing :slightly_smiling_face:

Whole Foods is/was sometimes called Whole Paycheck Foods, since everything was so expensive. I was pretty happy when Amazon acquired them. Once again my Prime membership pays off.

(Kristen Ann) #15

Ugh jealous.

Mine’s 963 miles… :disappointed_relieved:

:flushed: Wow…

(Kristen Ann) #17

My fat fingers typed that in wrong… 463*

(linda) #18

And…the olive bar :slight_smile:
Moon Cheese is a great keto snack in Gouda and Cheddar --it’s just dried cheese chips! At
Target too.
Stevia soft drinks
oh and of course the meats and cheeses – Kerigold are grass fed - like their butter!
xox

(Jennifer ) #19

AGREED! And you save an extra % on sales when you scan your amazon prime code.

(Jennifer ) #20

Yes! And you get an extra % off sales when you scan your prime code !

(Jennifer ) #21

I might be the only one, but Zevia gives me such gastric distress