Who wants to start a fast right now? Let's do this

(David Robinson) #21

Hi All. This is my first ever post on these forums. This is my third serious attempt at Keto and finally I think I am getting it right. I am two weeks in and am now starting to feel pretty good. My last meal was 9pm last night and am planning on fasting until Saturday morning (so should be about 60 hours in total). Feeling a bit nervous about it. My hunger levels have dropped off considerably; I think the battle will mostly be a mental one!

(Leigh Thomas) #22

Just remember hunger comes in waves of about 20 minutes and general around the time you would normally eat. Try and focus on something else in that time and you should do just fine.

(Martha Mac) #23

I’m in. I’m 7.5 hours in so what the hay! Sure! 72 hours. First timer! I can only try right? Longest I’ve done is 36 :thinking:

(David Robinson) #24

What kind of weight loss are you seeing Nene? … or anyone?

I’m down 52.5 pounds in 4ish months. I’ve been one meal a day for 2 months and have done 4, 3 day fasts and a few 2 day fasts.

(David Robinson) #26

I’m about a quarter into a 2+ day fast now. Can’t say I’m hungry but when I get home from work, who knows! It will be so strange not eating anything in the evening.

(KetoQ) #27

As of 10pm last night (Wed), I’m in. Will fast thru Sat am or afternoon.

(KetoQ) #28

Davey, sometimes it helps to go to sleep earlier when doing a longer fast.

(David Robinson) #29

Almost exactly the same as me. I started at 9pm last night (Wednesday) and am planning to break it on Saturday morning. Thanks for the tip about an early night - might well do that :smiley:

I broke my fast at 72 hours and did manage to bump up my ketones levels. Second day morning was at 0.7, 3rd day morning 0.8, few hours after breaking fast at 1.1 and next day morning at 1.5.

Ill probably go for another 72 hour fast early next week.

(Raj Seth) #31

Do some Feasting between fasts. Fasts, by themselves, are not sufficient. Per the Fasting Jedis, Fung & Ramos, you need to mix in fasting with FEASTING!!

(Leigh Thomas) #32

You can expect to lose between 300-400g a day on fast days. I’ve dropped 4 kg in 4 days but will probably put 2 kg back on when I start eating again.

I feasted very hard yesterday and today. Maybe too hard.

(David Robinson) #34

I’m still going. I can’t say it was hard, but it was weird. I’m so used to getting in from work and chowing down. I felt a bit lost. My wife and daughter are away so I just watched Avengers Infinity War and read a book and that seemed to take my mind of it sufficiently to get through it.

This morning I weighed myself and I’m the lightest (or least heavy) I’m been in 10 years although I suspect some weight will return when I start eating again.

All going in the right direction. I was 97.5kg 2 weeks ago when I started and I was 93.5kg this morning.

(Leigh Thomas) #35

I had to stop fasting after 90 hours, I was feeling a little light headed. I suspect low blood glucose, I don’t have any lancets to test atm.

(KetoQ) #36

I’m @ 49 hours

I’m at 27 hours on my second fast of the week. This feast/fast has really revved up my weight loss. Pretty cool stuff.

Could also be a hydration/supplement issue.

(Martha Mac) #39

I only got to 36 hours then caved. Will try to make it to 48 or 72 next week :slight_smile: I only caved when my husband cooked a rib eye :weary:

I was 91kgs down to 85.6kg but have had a long plateau for 4 weeks I’m putting down to one meal a day. Broke it with the 36 hour fast and I’m feasting today for try to fast through to Tuesday tomorrow. I listened to 2Keto Dudes Megan Ramos “switching it up” again and a lot of it made so much sense for what’s happening me with the 20:4 IF I’ve been doing the past 2 weeks stalling me! My weight loss has been really slow but also steady but my health is amazing 7 weeks in on keto!

(Martha Mac) #40

Also - who does bone broth when fasting past 24 hours? Or anything other than water? What do you “allow” yourself when fasting these longer hauls ? Curious!