Who do I get to be mad at?

(Genevieve Biggs) #1

I feel like @Brenda. Who do I get to be mad at for brainwashing me that veggies are across the board healthy and should be the majority of your diet? As I’ve been researching ZC, I’m more and more sure that most vegetables are inflammatory for me. Part of this is due to the better part of 4 years spent eating vegan/vegetarian, and thus inducing certain intolerances. I already notice the difference between meals with and without veggies, now that I’m aware.

So, who do I get to be mad at? :laughing:

(Karen Parrott) #2

Get mad at anyone you want to for 5 whole minutes, then go about putting the SAD recommendations behind you.

Onward and here’s to the new normal. I still repeat 5 minutes here and there, even 6 years into food sobriety.

(Paul Jaeger ) #3

Love the term “food sobriety” Thanks

(L. Amber O'Hearn) #4

Those Guideline “Scientists”. There is not and never has been evidence that fruitsandvegetables are necessary or beneficial, let alone the specific 5-a-day, or whatever nonsense they are pushing. It’s all observational/epidemiological/hypothesis-generation level science.

(Carol E. ) #5

Years ago I began my journey when I stumbled upon the Weston A. Price Foundation. I will never forget the last tenet of their beginner guidelines:

“Think positive thoughts and practice forgiveness.”

I learned good lessons there and now believe it is very important to focus on the blessing of being Keto enlightened.

Keto On!

(Ben) #6

You could get mad at the Produce For Better Health Foundation. They came up with the 5-a-day slogan as a marketing ploy in 1991 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fruits_%26_Veggies_–_More_Matters#History

Here’s the list of their donors - It’s like a who’s who of the Big Food industry

(Tom Seest) #7

I’d just channel the anger into a better tomorrow for you and everyone you know.

You’re unlikely to be able to change those who you could blame, so I’d use the energy for a more positive purpose.

But, if you need to vent and get over it, blame me. I’ve got big shoulders, and I can take it.

(Genevieve Biggs) #8

Thanks, Tom. I can’t blame you. You’re to amazing and helpful. :blush:

(Erin Macfarland ) #9

How do you deal with the pleasure factor? I love veggies. I garden. I love meat, don’t get me wrong, but how do you give up veggies??

(Genevieve Biggs) #10

I give up veggies when I can recognize they make me sick. I can’t enjoy them anymore. :disappointed:

(L. Amber O'Hearn) #11

What you do is give them up temporarily, and thereby find out if there is anything that makes them worth giving up.

(Genevieve Biggs) #12

What @amber said. :smiley:

(flyferretschef) #14

Withdrew my post because @amber said it better.

(Erin Macfarland ) #15

No judgment, just curious, how do they make you sick?

(Georgette) #16

I’ve found cruciferous vegetables make me bloated and gassy. I handle nightshades quite well. I’m trying to like kale(even though that is a pain in the ass), green beans are a go to. I miss carrots and peas. Like seriously miss carrots and peas

(Genevieve Biggs) #17

I haven’t been able to go through the full elimination process yet, but I am highly suspect of cruciferous vegetables. They make me bloated and feel icky. Not sure about the rest.

(L. Amber O'Hearn) #18

Fortunately, there’s no good reason to eat kale, so you don’t have to put yourself through that. :wink:

(Erin Macfarland ) #19

I don’t miss stuff like cake and cookies, but dates, figs, sweet potatoes?? Oh man…heartbreaking:(

(Georgette) #20

My husband is doing a “clean” diet. I’m trying to show him that kind of crap is delicious. It’s like eating weeds. :cry:

(Scott Shillady) #21

@amber I would like to to thank you,:carl:, and :richard: for the Carnivore podcast for opening my eyes to the fact that we really do not have a need for vegetables to be a part of our diets. I have never liked vegetables and after reading quite a bit on the subject I now feel very comfortable in not having to eat them