What's your KETO - Kryptonite?

ketones
ketosis
kryptonite

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #41

I have a portioning trick for my frozen berries that involves a desert bowl we have that holds a level half cup. I like having the frozen ones because they require a bit of defrosting before I want to eat them, and if I measure them out, and put the bag back in the freezer, I can’t go wild on them.

(Troy) #42

pork rinds

Hugging the UTZ FULL container jug gives me so much comfort and warmth :grin:
then when empty, I cry myself to sleep😩

(Michele) #43

Peanuts were a bit of a problem a few months ago. Now after 200+ days keto I enjoy them as a treat. I only buy them in 100g lots at the supermarket. I had to take drastic action a few months ago and threw about half of a kilo pack in the rubbish due to the temptation (husband had kindly purchased for his beloved with genuine kindness :slight_smile:)

(Clara Teixeira) #44

Quest bars. I know they are bad for me. I just love them… And Lilly’s chocolate dipped in peanut butter. Fine in moderation but it makes me want to not stop eating it!

(Stephanie Sablich) #45

Logging in MFP has been an important part of this whole thing for me. There are definitely times when I WAY exceed what I should be eating, though I think a lot of that is psychological (after a fast, when I’ve just MISSED eating and consciously shut down that satiety marker). However, committing to always being honest with my tracking helps. And while I’m fixing those bad habits you mention, at least my macro percentages are on track and I’m not hitting bags of Doritos and baking pans of brownies.

I agree completely about the “better habits” portion of this whole way of eating. LISTENING to my body is something I’ve actively avoided for decades now, and we’re still in that early stage of building a relationship and learning how to communicate :slight_smile: I think I’ll start logging BEFORE I eat- that’s a great strategy- sometimes numbers are scary enough to mess with my sense of entitlement when it comes to food.

Thanks for sharing your experiences!

(Jay AM) #46

Ooo I forgot about Quest Bars. I have a collection. Why are they bad?

(Clara Teixeira) #47

It may be I just think they are bad thanks to the Facebook group I’m in. They are pretty strongly against artificial sugars being used on a daily basis. I like using them to get me through a long work day or if I am struggling to get protein in. They do tend to give me more sweet cravings.

(Rob) #48

Because they don’t contain anything that occurs in nature, only their fourth cousins, twice removed (by industrial chemistry). A bit yummy though - mmmm mint chocolate. :yum:

(Jay AM) #49

Birthday cake occurs in my nature. And whatever the heck a crunchy piece from vanilla caramel is too.

Baby food jars?

?? Freezing them makes them better!!! Gahhhh… I can never try this!

What are question bars bad for you? Omgoodness, are they bad for me too? I only have about one a month for hunger emergencies, but still. It’s crazy how even six months in you can still learn more about keto.

(Rob) #53

Pros - cheap, recycling, reusable :recycle:

Cons - need to get a baby :flushed:

(Colleen) #54

They make locked pill dispensers. Medication box opens on a timer. I can see one with a handful of nuts timed to go off once a day. Marketing idea. Keto krypton keeper.

(Karen) #55

I like altoid tins

K

(Karen Parrott) #56

All nuts, all nut-butters. Most coconut products. All are binge inducing for me. No off switch, just a pile on- food and weight.

I abstain for a much happier weight maintenance experience.

For me it’s macadamia nuts, and Philadelphia whipped cream cheese. And all cheeses, actually.

Hahaha

I love pistachios, I don’t care how much carbs they have. I figure out a way to fit them into my macros for the day.

(Jay Patten) #60

Cheese sauce.

I make cheese sauce with butter, heavy whipping cream and various pieces of cheese. I know that all the little carbs add up, plus the cauliflower or broccoli I pour it over.

I’m naughty.