What's your KETO - Kryptonite?

ketones
ketosis
kryptonite

(roxanna) #21

I bought these for gaming: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00XD2P21Y/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1 but they are perfect for things like this.

(Rob) #22

Thatā€™s probably 575 more than I need :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: but at $10, who cares. Thank you.

Do we think these are ā€œfood gradeā€?

(roxanna) #23

That I donā€™t know and the question/answers arenā€™t clear!

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #24

I manage my nuts with a slightly strict portion control. A serving of the almonds I buy fits into the lid of the jar they come in. So I fill the lid, not overflowing, and put the jar out of reach. Itā€™s conscious portion control.

Thatā€™s the trick for anything that you might eat mindlessly. Very solid for nuts. Find a portioning method, and only eat one portion.

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #25

Nutbutters are mine. I stopped buying peanut (sugarfree of course) butter unless Iā€™ll use it up in a recipe.
I had to make a rule that I only can have almond butter in my BPC (I use a tsp as an emulsifier) and that works quite well. I also store them in a cabinet I donā€™t see them all the time.

Coconut milk - full fat but not as low carb as I thought and CERTAINLY not when youā€™re having almost the whole can! That was early on -i just donā€™t buy it at all anymore cuzā€¦yeah. No can do

(Olivia) #27

Peanuts and macadamias are the worst and can even induce a proper binge-fest followed by guilt followed by punishing myself with fasting. An opened packet of cream cheese in the fridge also suffers from the occasional teaspoon-raid :smiley:

(Erin Macfarland ) #28

@Keto6468, lol, yes peanut butter is my downfall too!

(Raj Seth) #29

My kryptonite - Jack Daniels in Diet Pepsi. no insulin response so safe - right?
WRONG. every time I tried to launch a fast and had one of these, the fast conincidentally came to an end.
So now - no more JD in DP.

(Karen) #30

They do make snack size ziplocks. Used them for school lunches.

K

(Brian) #31

It probably wonā€™t help but we used to have ziplock snack bags. They were like maybe half the size of a ziplock sandwich bag, which is smaller than a quart bag. Theyā€™d be a lot closer to the size of what you might be looking for, still a bit large but not nearly as large. Might be worth looking for if youā€™re interested. Also, not nearly as expensive as a quart bag.

:slight_smile:

(Stephanie Sablich) #32

This is a great methodā€¦ if you have the willpower to stick to that! Iā€™ve found that Iā€™m improving my willpower over time, but it isnā€™t easy. I think plenty of us are working with both food addiction and emotional dependence on eating, which adds an extra challenge to the whole situation. Itā€™s not really about the food itselfā€¦

(Stephanie Sablich) #33

Macadamia nutsā€¦ and thinly sliced Genoa salami. Crap. I could eat these things to the point of bursting and still feel like I wanted more. Avoid!

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #34

Absolutely. I do a lot of bored eating. I find that logging everything in MFP puts a bit of the kibosh on that, though I kind of pigged last night. Nothing that put me off plan, but was not how I would have drawn it up.

I view a lot of the weight loss phase of this program as not just recovering health but learning better habits. It wasnā€™t that easy to learn to portion my particular almonds like that. And it means sourcing them from Costcoā€¦ I just bought some from Trader Joes, and they come in a pouchā€¦ Have to come up with a new vessel for them. But itā€™s about learning portions and listening to my appetite. Iā€™m never gonna get better at it unless Iā€™m trying, and thatā€™s gonna be failing sometimes. And thatā€™s gonna have to be a learning experience. Thatā€™s the approach to all the keto foods that are problematic.

(Vincent Hall) #35

Sated lPeanuts/Almonds, nut butters, chedder cheese.
Actually Iā€™ve managed to kick the Almond nut addiction, (GROSS ALERT!) as the last batch I had, one of the Almonds, slipped down my throat, and as my body took control and violently coughed it up, it sliced a cut ln my throat causing a bleed and a trip to A&E!
I tend to keep my distance from that Kryptonite now. Peanuts are nicely rounded of course ho hum.
Itā€™s good to know Iā€™m not alone in these little battles.
\v/

Coffee/cocoa powder with ample heavy cream. At 0.4g carbs per Tablespoon, that cream adds up. Plus 1g for a tsp of cocoa powder. Iā€™m currently limiting myself to one cup per day. And if I canā€™t stick to that, away it goes. :frowning:

Macadamia nutsā€¦ donā€™t buy them anymore.

Blueberries. ā€¦ sighā€¦ we have a small patch of plants in the garden, so 3 to 4 months of temptation every year. There are worse things of course.

me too! I could eat a whole jarā€¦

(Brian) #38

I just planted some blueberry bushes yesterday. They are one of only a very few fruits that I still eat with some regularity. Them and a few strawberries are probably 90% of my fruit, which isnā€™t much.

Yes, there are worse things, a lot worse.

:slight_smile:

(Steven) #39

Macadamia nuts and ChocZero Keto Bark Coconut!

(Sheri Knauer) #40

Macadamia nuts right out of the freezer. I could eat an entire frozen costco size can of those things but always diligently count out my 10 nuts (1 oz), sometimes 15.