What's your favorite meal, and why? I really want to know! 🙂

(bulkbiker) #26

Trust me to get weird rump steak … but as it had been sitting in a plastic bag in the fridge for about 4 days… I’ll have the last bit tonight…

Ribeye – rare or medium rare – with asparagus and some melted cheese. Maybe throw in some pork belly or spicy sausages for good measure if I’m particularly peckish.

It used to be Mexican Mole (I make it myself) and wild grain rice. Now, it’s steak and cheese in a bowl. :grin:

(The amazing autoimmune 🦄) #29

Omelette with cheese, mushrooms, onions and bacon.

(Robert C) #30

3 or 4 egg scramble. Cook eggs in coconut oil. 4 strips of bacon baked - fat (no hormones, no antibiotics type bacon) poured back in to the eggs. Add cream cheese and the (now diced) bacon with a dash (or more to taste) of cayenne pepper. Great keto macros if the dairy does not bother you.

Never heard of this. Sounds intriguing. :thinking:

Excellent idea! I’ll be waiting for my invite. :grin:

God @MooBoom, put a little more thought into this, would ya? :wink:

Okay, I know I said “no judgement”, but pineapple? I mean you had me right up to pineapple. :slight_smile:

:drooling_face: :yum:

In one meal? #GOBIGORGOHOME :+1:

I’ve never had this. You have any fond memories of eating it?

Oh Kate, I am literally drooling! Fortunately it’s contained. :slight_smile:

You know my forum title is “Laziest of Lazy Keto”, right? :wink:

Mark, have you tried the aging process, where you keep it in the fridge for a few days uncovered?

I was wondering if you were going there? Rib-eye just seemed too bland, for you. :slight_smile:

NONE of my meals had cool names like this! :smile:

drooling

Sounds great! I went on a kick awhile back where I was cooking my bacon in coconut oil. SO GOOD!

(Alex ) #32

Chicken thighs for me, I like them spicy, juicy, and not too overcooked! any flavour actually!

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #33

As soon as I perfect the recipe, everyone’s invited :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

(Laurie) #34

Never mind fave carb foods. Too many to mention!

I used to love pork chops, but I can’t eat them any more (steakhouse syndrome). I bought pork chops in packages of 9 and froze most of them. Usually. But one evening I ate my pork chop and felt like having another. I kept cooking and eating them until all 9 were all gone.

Favorite meal now, I don’t know.

Maybe our neighborhood potluck dinners, because (a) I get to pick and choose, (b) the food is plentiful, © someone else cooked most of it, and (d) there is lots of meat, and most of the food–including the meat–is home grown.

I was going to include buffets as well, but now we know their food is full of bad oils and other things we don’t want.

Now you’re speaking my language! :+1:

Okay, I need to move. My neighborhood sucks. :slight_smile:

(Michelle) #36

My favorite meal has always been steak. But the meal that makes my whole family happiest is unstuffed egg rolls. Lots of egg.

(Robert C) #37

Their profit is your loss. Just like life insurance policies that make others very happy if you are gone. Maybe not the best strategy?

I love that statement. :heart:

Only a few times my family’s sat around the table and truly been happy.

The other day Lisa and I were at a restaurant, and were thinking of something we really liked there, when suddenly it hit me that I didn’t know what kind of oil they cooked that meal in. Most certainly vegetable oil. So much for that. :woozy_face:

(bulkbiker) #39

Not yet but worth a try…

Props! That’s some serious meat eating :joy:

(Alex ) #41

After just having oven roasted belly pork with garlic, paprika and chilli, I think I may need to change up my favourites list… it’s a tight run thing though!

(Todd Allen) #42

I’ve been eating a lot of bacon and eggs but making it in a way different from most. About 1/4" cup of water in a ceramic saute pan on very low heat, add dried herbs and seasonings, add diced bacon ends, cover and let sit a few minutes while cleaning/chopping vegetables such as cabbage, squash, mushrooms or onions, add veg and let cook a few more minutes, stir in other seasonings such as a splash of hot sauce, mustard and/or salt, top with eggs and a glass lid so I can check the eggs which slowly steam at a very low simmer, typically about 8 minutes to set the whites and just begin to gel the yolks, then I gently tip the pan holding back the food so the remaining couple ounces of water and melted bacon fat collect and I sprinkle in a tiny amount of coconut flour to slightly thicken it. When all goes well I can slide everything out on to a plate with a nice presentation, bacon veg stew with sunny side up eggs on top with a little sauce poured over. And an empty ceramic pan that needs little more than a splash of water to clean and put away.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #43

No need for fond memories, it’s keto friendly and I ate it a couple of times in the last month! Zero carb heaven! King crab legs are bigger and more expensive, snow crab legs taste the best, naturally sweet. :cowboy_hat_face::crab::crab::crab::crab::crab:

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #44

Get mine at Wegmans. I think it is about $9us for 3 lbs.

(Laurie) #45

I live in a small island community of farmers, retirees, and alternative lifestylists. Meat eaters vs. vegans (not necessarily in that order). At one event, the pulled-pork lady had a big sign: Carnivore Lunch.

You’d be most welcome at the potlucks, Darren!