What's your favorite kitchen tool?

(Marianne) #127

Yes; our meat thermometer.

(Marianne) #128

Oh, I love cows - and the smell of manure.

(Marianne) #129

My parents had one of those growing up. My dad would haul it out every Thanksgiving to make the stuffing (he was in charge of the stuffing). Heā€™d hook it onto the kitchen table and I used to love to watch him put all the stuff in it - gizzards, celery, onion, sausage.

('Jackie P') #131

You bought all of them?

(Marie) #132

I bought some heavy duty industrial magnets from Amazon and I use them to secure the bags below the water line. Really work well.

(Marie) #133

I have one and use it weekly. Love it.

(Helen) #134

I like my coffee machine and blender. These are two indispensable things in my kitchen.

(Laurie) #135

Microwave and paper plates.

(Susan) #136

My mini hand held blender to blend in my Keto coffee creamer is now my favourite Keto kitchen tool!

I also love our coffee maker, kettle (as I drink more herbal and green tea than I do coffee).

I really like my little Dash makers for making Keto Chaffles, but I donā€™t make them often.

Pre-Keto it was probably my Toaster as I ate tons and tons of Bagels haha.

(Marianne) #137

My birthday is coming up. The only thing I can think of that I would like is an immersion blender.

My favorite kitchen tool is my cast iron skillet. Use it every single day and it is now non-stick from being seasoned so long.

silicone kitchen utensils

(Bob M) #139

One tool I use a lot more than I thought I would isā€¦an infrared thermometer. This is the one I bought:

I use it to test how hot a pan is for searing (600F = good), how hot oil is for frying, the temperature of my pickles for fermenting, etc.

(Emma) #140

Immersion Blender

(Robin) #141

Welcome to the forum, Emma.
Just curious what you use your Emerson blender for, assuming you are keto. I used to use mine all the time but havenā€™t gotten it out in the 3 years of keto/carnivore

I use my immersion blender every day, often multiple times. Very basic item for me on carnivore (not like I do carnivore but almost)ā€¦ I make my egg milks with it :slight_smile: Usually with coffee but one fine day I will quitā€¦

But my standard blenders(? I googled a lot, it seems itā€™s the nameā€¦ we call it ā€œturmixā€ hereā€¦), poor things are unused since yearsā€¦ I only could make drinks with them and my powerful pretty and super easy to clean immersion blender is way better for that. I used it a lot on keto though.

I stopped using my juicer way earlier and I donā€™t do much with my dehydrator either.