Whats your favorite home-made Keto cool refreshing BEVERAGE?

(Bansaw) #1

Looking for a nice home-made refreshing Keto-friendly cool drink I can get from the fridge…

Anyone got a good recipe ?

(Wendy) #2

Ice water with a bit of lemon? That’s about the extent of my home made drinks.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #3

Cucumber water is very refreshing. :cowboy_hat_face:

I enjoy iced herbal teas in fruity flavors like Bigelows Perfect Peach :peach: It’s super quick, easy, refreshing and you can make a large amount and just keep it in the fridge.

Lemonade (fresh lemon juice, water and erythritol).

(charlie3) #6

Large stainless mug of iced coffee with stevia and heavy cream. I don’t drink hot coffee any more.

(Not a cow) #7

Cold Keto-Aid from the fridge, in a tall glass filled 3/4 full, add a glug of ACV, and fill up with club soda. I tend to just refill as I drink with the club soda till it’s gone.
Brenda’s pick looks pretty refreshing

(Randy) #8

Water. ice, ACV and lemon juice.

(Kirk Wolak) #9

Cinnamon Iced Tea:

I open the large tea bag gently removing the staple.
Add a TSP of Cinnamon to each side, refold and STAPLE closed.

Brew my iced tea, and keep it in the fridge. Does not need sweetener.

That or SodaStream to make Fizzy Water. Squirt of Lemon or Lime.

Living in FL, I live and die by cool drinks.

If I am working outside, I sip on a SINGLE Serving of exogenous ketones (Orange Popsicle flavor) from amazon. Put in 3 quarts of water (this is 3 calories, and a spreads out over an entire day for me). But since I started drinking it, my morning glucose numbers are lower than ever!

(Heather ) #10

Whisky - with an ice cube - if you want it cold !

(Keto Kid 4 Life) #11

Lemon Zinger tea iced; or another fruity flavored tea. Iced coffee with heavy cream and Swerve.

(Keto Kid 4 Life) #12

Sounds interesting, what does exogenous ketones do?

(Scott) #13

This is what I’m talking about!

(Kirk Wolak) #14

Actually, they can help your body start using ketones more.
Some evidence that taking them will start lowering your glucose numbers in the morning, as your body realizes it has ketone energy coming in, and it will balance them. I have seen this in me.

They also supercharge the brain if taken quickly. Like a hit of a 5hr energy, but not the caffeine. It helps me focus. I am experimenting/biohacking this.

Every Body is Different so YMMV…

(Edith) #15

I recently discovered iced ginger tea.

2 cups water
2 inch piece of fresh ginger chopped
Juice of one lime

Bring the ginger to a boil in the water. Turn off the heat, cover, and let sit for 10-15 minutes. Strain out the ginger. Add the lime juice and chill.
I will add about three drops of stevia to my glass when I drink it just to cut the spice and lime juice a bit.

(FRANK) #16

Vodka martini, extra dry, with bleu cheese stuffed olives. Covers all the required food groups.

I just read a post somewhere else on the site where they said they put peppermint extract in their water. I’m definitely trying that.

(Keto Kid 4 Life) #18

Wow I’m going to try that. I’m always shopping on Amazon!

Cold water usually does it, but lately a cup of real milk. I eat mostly animal-based (so I can do the carbs from it), I’m a growing teenager and real milk is very, very nutritious. It tastes like butter!