What's everyone eat for breakfast?

(Empress of the Unexpected) #21

Bacon and a salad.

(Jane) #22

Coffee with Tbl butter, Tbl HWC, scoop of collagen and a few drops of liquid stevia.

If I eat actual food it is usually an omelette and bacon.

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #23

Coffee with cream and polish sausages.

(Jennibc) #24

Coffee. Usually with heavy whipping cream. Sometimes black. But typically for a my first eating something of the day (between noon and about 2 PM) itā€™s 28 grams of pork rinds and about 70 grams of homemade guacamole. Then Iā€™ll follow that up with some sauteed power greens topped with a fried egg if I am still hungry (which I will be if I had black coffee).

(Brian) #25

This morning, none. Just didnā€™t feel like eating breakfast so didnā€™t. So technically, I suppose itā€™s a 24 hour fast. Not planned, just the way it worked today.

Breakfast is not usually the same every day. We mix things up a bit. One day might be fried eggs and bacon. Another day might be scrambled eggs and sausage. Another day may be some Greek Yogurt, a bit of peanut butter and a few berries. Another day might be coconut flour pancakes with sausage of some kind.

Every day is a new day and we just donā€™t always want exactly what we had the day before. If itā€™s really bad enough not wanting, it can turn into a 24 hour fast, like today. Or we can pull out leftovers from a near previous dinner.

Pretty much every breakfast comes with coffee. If there is dessert of any kind at supper, there will be coffee with that, too.

Some people are quite contented to have exactly the same thing every day. No argument with that if it works for you. We just like a little more variety here.

:slight_smile:

(Cristen) #26

I guess Iā€™m meaning first meal of the day. I see a lot of people donā€™t eat early. I cant get to that point just yet. Lol. Since my body just now readjusting to low carb. Canā€™t wait until I can just drink my black coffee in the morning and wait until lunch to eat. So so jealous of the people who can wait!

(Cristen) #27

I drink like 4 cups of black coffee in the mornings with my breakfast. Of course water in between. Lmao. I love my coffee!

(Running from stupidity) #28

Real breakfast!

Often just bacon and eggs. And anything else lying around, like brisket, that I can fry up.

Usually sous vide eggs, though, and Iā€™m trying to remember to make Hollandaise sauce to go on them.

Canā€™t wait until I can just drink my black coffee in the morning and wait until lunch to eat. So so jealous of the people who can wait!

Yeah, it just takes time, you canā€™t force it, and thereā€™s no real point to doing so anyway.

Make the most of your appetite while you still have it, thatā€™s my thoughts on this :slight_smile:

(Cristen) #29

I almost always have eggs. And you gotta have that bacon. Yum! And yes! I keep telling myself the day will come. Iā€™m doing pretty good for it being my first week! Thanks!

(Running from stupidity) #30

The thing to remember is that youā€™re changing your bodyā€™s fuel system. Itā€™s just going to take time to retrain it, even IF we ignore all the rest thatā€™s going on around it.

(Jenn) #31

1/2 avocado, hard boiled egg with everything but the bagel seasoning and 2 strawberries with black coffeeā€¦ keeps me full for hours.

(Laurie) #32

No brekky.

Iā€™m not a morning person, and I never felt hungry in the morning. It doesnā€™t fit my schedule anyway. I have my first meal of the day around 6 pm and the second at 9 or 10 pm.

(Lazy, Dirty Keto šŸ˜) #33

Usually a cold brew from Starbucks with almond milk and I add MCT / Truvia

(Pete A) #34

I drink coffee then around 10:00 eat 2 hard boiled egga, 5-6 slices of bacon (with pan drippings) and 2 oz or so of hard cheese. Usually with 2 squares of dark chocolate for dessert!

Boring but my favorite meal of the dayā€¦

I call it lunch but I guess itā€™s breakfast since itā€™s at 9:30AM: my tumbler of iced coffee with 3 tbsp of HWC, whatever leftovers I had for dinner the previous night, or if itā€™s not enough Iā€™ll make something easy like eggs.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #36

Oh, the horror! I feel your pain, brother! :frowning:

(Amanda) #37

I did this at Christmas, then used the leftover egg whites to make delicious bacon and cheddar herb bread. YUM!

(Jonathan Hurley) #38

Every. Single. Morning. 4 eggs, 4 bacon (unless the dogs beg for the 4th piece), salsa, guacamole, monterrey, and sour cream. If I know Iā€™m not having carbs for dinner, I wrap this up in 2 Mission Carb Balance tortillas.

I donā€™t eat again until dinner, and it seems to work. (Down 29 pounds since mid-December)

(Running from stupidity) #39

I want to use the whites to make cloud eggs, but thatā€™s in the future due to brain-deadness currently :slight_smile:

(John) #40

about every other weekend i make a big scramble with 18 eggs a pound of bacon about a pound of sausage, a bell pepper, some spinach, and scramble it. what i do not eat that day i make 1 and a quarter cup servings in individual vacuum seal bags and freeze. the night before i want them i put it in the fridge and take to work the next day. a couple min in the nuke and its a full breakfast.