What workout are you currently doing?

(Abraham Reyes) #1

I’m currently doing PHAT

A breakdown of the workout is here -> http://www.simplyshredded.com/mega-feature-layne-norton-training-series-full-powerhypertrophy-routine-updated-2011.html

If anyone is interested I can share a excel spreadsheet I have for this workout

(Dave) #2

Decent volume

(G. Andrew Duthie) #3

Just did day 5 of StrongLifts 5x5. So I suppose you could say 5x5x5.

Liking it so far.

(Abraham Reyes) #4

Its definitely not for beginners I’m spending around 90minutes at the gym 6 times a week :slight_smile:

(Dave) #5

Sounds like a recipe to become a beast!

(Stickin' with mammoth) #6

Eager to get back to a Push-Pull-Legs weekly split, maybe with slow reps, as soon as the adrenals heal. Very mild cardio and body weight exercises until then.

(Abraham Reyes) #7

Are you following a routine for body weight exercises? … What kind of cardio are you doing?

(Stickin' with mammoth) #8

Cardio is moderate hikes 5 miles and under on uneven terrain. Body weight stuff is a routine I developed at college–quarter ups, side ups, good mornings while laying on stomach, adduction and abduction leg lifts, push ups, lower ab leg lifts while laying on back, all incorporated into a 20-minute stretching routine. I do everything to about 90% exhaustion, 60% on lift days.

(Alex Dipego) #9

MindPump MAPS program. Amazing stuff, I’m in month 8 of 9 lots of progress.

(Dave) #10

Yesterday I did
Zercher Squats 5x5
Good Mornings 3x8
Cable Pull Throughs 3x15
Walking Lunge x 200m
Then some farmers walks and single overhead carries with a kettle bell alternating

Dr Ted Naiman introduced me into suspension training to fatigue, through his website. The system is really good and you can adjust the level of resistance as you improve. Never thought I would like it but took a flyer on a WOSS kit and I am not looking back, highly recommended training method and WOSS is good piece of kit.

(eat more) #12

ketogains 5x5 :blush:

(Lee Roberts) #13

Greyskull with Hypertrophy addons 3 times a week. I was on stronglifts 5x5 but was getting a little bored and I couldn’t always get on the squat rack.

(Todd Aaron) #14

I’m doing a 10 sets of 3 workout… I don’t remember where I first found it or what it might have been called (it was at least 12 years ago), but it goes like this:

Monday - Squats - 10 sets of 3 reps
Tuesday - Squat Assist Day (hack squats, weighted lunges, etc.) 3 sets of 8 reps each
Wednesday - Bench Press - 10 sets of 3 reps
Thursday - Bench Assist Day (flies, triceps extensions, military press, etc.) 3 sets of 8 reps each
Friday - Dead Lifts - 10 sets of 3 reps
Saturday - Deads Assist Day (Bent Rows, Pullups, SLDLs, CAlf Raises) 3 sets of 8 reps

Theory behind it is that you are hitting the magic 30 reps volume on the big compound movements, but you are able to do it with much more weight than if you are trying for sets of 8 - 10 reps.

I have done this one in the past with really nice results… especially in strength gains. I’ve done it while losing weight and increased all three compound exercises to my personal best that I have not exceeded yet.

It was suggested to be a 12 week program and you were to do something else with lighter weights for a few weeks before attempting to continue on longer.

(Erika Morris) #15

I started Strong Curves on Monday and am also doing C25K.

(the-redoubt) #16

This is kind of a test run to see if this posts correctly and in the right spot.

For me I do Monday through Saturday 30 minutes on the treadmill walking due to injuries I’ve sustained.

Monday Wednesday and Friday I do:

Straight dumbbell bench press 3x10 with legs extended at 45 degrees
Dumbbell Shrugs 3x10
Dumbbell Military Press 3x10
Regular Push Ups 3x10

Tuesday and Thursday:

Dumbbell Curl and Press 3x10
Goblet Squats 3x10
Dumbbell Triceps Curl 3x10
Crunches 3x20
Incline Sit Up 3x10

I’ve been Ketoing it up since the start of January and am about 25 pounds down. No end to the energy. My muscle might go to failure but I am very quickly re-energized and feel great!

(Brian Moody) #17

I am doing a hybrid between Jim Wendler’s 5/3/1 and Michael Matthew’s Bigger, Leaner Stronger workout protocol. I used to do a version of 5/3/1 exclusively and plan to move in that direction again. I am just getting back to previous strength levels after a sever rotator cuff strain last year, so I’m following a linear progression model until I plateau. At that point, I’ll jump back on the 5/3/1 system. My current plan:

Monday - Bench - 3x5, 3x10, Incline Bench - 3x6, Face Pull - 3x10, Abs. I also do sets of 5 pull-ups varying grips
between each set of pushing exercise.

Tuesday - Deadlift - 3x5, Bent over Rows - 3x6, Pull-ups - 3 x max effort, Calve raises if I feel like it.

Wednesday - Overhead Press - 3x6, Lateral Raises 3x10, rear lateral raises 3x10. Pull ups between sets again. Abs.

Thursday - Squat - 3x6, Front squat 3x6, Romanian Deadlift 3x6, leg press calve raises.

Friday - Incline Bench 3x10, Curls 3x6, close-grip presses 3x6, hammer curls 3x6, seated tri extensions 3x6. Abs.

If I have time I’ll through in some cardio after lifting a couple days a week.

(Abraham Reyes) #18

They just had MAPS RED on sale and bought it I’m going to try it out - My previous workouts were too extreme I think and didn’t give my body enough time to recover

I’ve been listening to MindPump Podcast for a year now

(eat more) #19

i was just looking at the women’s version of this; Thinner, Leaner, Stronger today…which i’ve heard is just BLS repackaged for women…

would you say there’s a bit of variety or mostly same exercises with a push, pull, leg day?

(Alex Dipego) #20

I’ve been in since episode 30 or something along those lines I have red green and black and been loving it. Red was eye opening