What to fat to eat

(Viju Bhoir) #1

hi guys , i am a newbie here and i was just checking out some of the threads . as i was going throuh what realised is there are no pinned threads under Fat for allowed to eat , or samething under protiens

(Mike W.) #2

All saturated fats are fine (besides trans fats).

bacon, avacados, olives, cheeses, butter… some of my favs oh and yeah macadamias

(CharleyD) #4

Most of us swear by coconut oil, cook with it, blend it into coffee, condition your hair, moisturize your skin, etc.:sweat_smile:

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #5

Tallow and lard. And pork rinds.

And by the way, butter, lard, and tallow are nearly 50% monounsaturated fat, so you get the benefit of both saturated and monounsaturated.

(G. Andrew Duthie) #6

Coconut oil is great. But like MCT oil (though to a lesser degree), it’s good to start small and work your way up to larger amounts. It can result in GI issues in larger quantities, at least initially.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #7

That’s right, coconut oil it! :grin:

I try to get most of my fat from whole foods rather than adding oils just for the sake of it. Start with the fatiest cuts of meat, which are the tastiest and keep the skin on. Avocados can be incorporated into almost anything and make good spreads and dressings. Nuts (especially macadamia and pecans) are great snacks, can be ground into nut butters, used in place of flour, or sprinkled on meals. Ditto with seeds. Olives are a great garnish. Full fat dairy is the foundation of many awesome sauces.

I started using leaf lard in place of oil when frying up stuff

(Ken) #10

One of the easiest things to do is to save all the fat from cooking meats. Eat that. You can use it for cooking, or make tasty sauces from it. Buy fatty cuts of meat.

(Karl Bork) #11

Animal fats, butter, olive oil, coconut oil, avacado, almond butter, walnuts, dark chocolate are my staples.