What to eat when you want something salty?

(Bob M) #1

My wife sometimes wants something salty, as a “snack”. We have had these:

These are great, but I can EASILY overeat them. They are one of the few things I can overeat (yogurt and some nuts are the others).

Does anyone have any other recommendations for recipes for when someone wants something salty?

(Susan) #2

Piller’s German Salami in deli packs from Costco maybe? They sell them in a pack of 3 where the bacon, etc is. I don’t snack ever, but have used them in meals to add up my proteins and fats =).

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #3

Zero carbs, lottsa sodium. About it.

(Joey) #4

Okay, I admit this may not get your wife too excited, but whenever I have that craving, this works for me…

… and to get the salt to stick to my shot glass, first I coat it with lemon or lime juice. Oh, and then, to help bring out the full salt flavor, I also fill the glass with tequila for good measure. Cheers.

I’m fasting now, so this is my meal plan. :rofl:

I love cheese whips or pork rinds with ALDI’s jalapeno artichoke dip. Mmmmm

(Jack Bennett) #7

Bubbie’s full sour pickles are great. Probably good probiotics as well but I mainly eat them for the taste. :yum:

(Jane Reed) #8

I crack walnuts, put them in a skillet with plenty of butter and salt, stir frequently. I’m very lucky to have a source of free nuts.

(traci simpson) #9

Redman’s sea salt chunks.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #10

Pepperoni or salami and cheese. Giardiniera, Jalapeño stuffed olives. I don’t really snack but I can make a meal from this, antipasto. :cowboy_hat_face:

I had a hankering for some salty, sort of “crazy bread” flavored something or another. So, I spread mozzarella on parchment, nuked for about 2 min, edges got a bit toasty. As soon as I pulled it out of the microwave, I sprinkled it with a mix of garlic salt, Italian herbs, and parmesan.

It was salty, but balanced out by the herbs. Crunchy on the edges, softer in the middle. quite satisfying all the way around!