What I've learned from 15 months KETO with/without fasting

(William Shafer III) #1

So, I thought I’d share again after a year has gone by. It’s been 15 months into Keto now I’ve seen the real benefits of IF or OMAD protocol. Since August of 2018 I’d hit a plateau and hadn’t lost a single pound since the beginning of March 2019. Two big thing changed. While maintaining my weight I was eating 3 meals a day, too much cheese (high calorie an higher levels of lactose). Tired of be against the wall I’ve worked back into OMAD and significantly reduce dairy consumption. In the past two weeks alone I’ve lost another 8 lbs and am on track to my ideal weight. Also, I missed that small amount of mental fog that crept back in and now everything’s clear again.

Hope this helps someone… my lesson was on just how important fasting really is to Keto working properly.

(Little Miss Scare-All) #2

Thanks @BigWill this post did help me. I have been feeling sluggish and I can feel myself stopping getting smaller. I concluded the culprit was too much cheese/dairy. This just kind of told me that I’ve made a good decision. I told myself last night that today I start subtracting the dairy significantly.

I’m also OMAD 95% of the time. Rest of the time is usually TMAD. Thanks for sharing!

(Carl Keller) #3

I found that cutting back on butter, cheese and ranch dressing can make a big difference. Those things add up quickly even in small amounts. Consider:

1 tablespoon of butter, 2 tablespoons of ranch dressing and 1 ounce of cheddar cheese=
340 calories and 34 grams of fat.

That’s 34 grams worth of fuel my body will use instead on my body fat. After fat adaptation, reducing the luxury fat can be the difference between losing nothing or losing a few ounces of fat per day.

(William Shafer III) #4

Yes, you’re right. I was eating 85/12/3 and while I felt great the ratio of fat was just too much. Now I’m eating 72/25/3 and OMAD and burning fat like gangbusters.

(Bettye Oxley) #5

what does OMAD and TMAD stand for or mean? I’mfairly new to keto

(Scott) #6

It took me awhile to get the acronyms right
One Meal A Day
Three Meals A Day

My TMAD means two meals a day, usually 5/19 IF :slight_smile: