What is the WORST keto recipe you have tried?

(Windmill Tilter) #41

I tried a crack slaw recipe once in the first couple weeks of keto that I will never make again. It was my first 4000+ calorie day. That stuff was dangerous. I won’t even let cabbage in the house now… :smile:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #42

I have a delicious coconut pancake recipe. Coconut flour can vary quite a bit in texture and carb amounts. When you make coconut flour pancakes you need to make the batter and let it rest 20 minutes or so to give the coconut flour time to swell and rehydrate.

I like all her recipes that I’ve tried. Best chocolate cake of her’s is awesome!:yum:

(Charlotte) #43

Pumpkin Muffins with Cream Cheese filling. The batter and the filling tasted fantastic… but after I baked it all everything ended bland and it tasted like crap and the filling got chunky. I was so disappointed.

I use this one:

https://alldayidreamaboutfood.com/light-and-fluffy-coconut-flour-pancakes-low-carb-and-gluten-free/

They’re nice and fluffy with the sparkling water as an ingredient. But I bake the batter as rounds:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #45

Those look great Zed, I usually thin my batter and end up with a crepe like cake.

(Heather Meyer) #46

Thanks…i will give it a shot when my stomach is better!

(Full Metal KETO AF) #47

I replied to your gastritis thread, hope you eat something and feel better soon Heather. :cowboy_hat_face:

(Heather Meyer) #48

Thanks David! Me too

(Natalie) #49

Ok so when I was a newbie on keto of course like many others tried to recreate bread lol,
and no offense ketoconnect((love their recipces just not feelin this one thou) but darn the bread loaf recipe was the worst bread loaf ever so freakin eggy.

(Daisy) #50

I too made a disgusting pumpkin muffin last year. Blch

(Brian) #51

I do wonder about some of the recipes out there. And a few of them seem to come from well followed people.

Charlotte, I’ve made a similar muffin before and I definitely had to do some tweaking to get it to taste good to me. I tend to have the same issue with something losing it’s great taste in a batter after baking, especially with plain erythritol, even more so with powdered erythritol. It’s like it can just evaporate away leaving the “you forgot to add the sweetener” blah flavor.

(PJ) #52

When I first started lowcarb we didn’t know about so much we consider a given now. People used pork rinds. I made ‘pork rind cinnamon pancakes.’

I nearly went off lowcarb entirely, figuring if that’s what people were pretending were good, THIS DIET WOULD KILL ME, by taste if nothing else.

Blessedly… bacon, and pepperoni & cheese, quiche-muffins saved me until I could learn more about the food. :slight_smile:

('Jackie P') #53

I once made a lemon ricotta cake. It looked so delicious, I had one mouthful and binned it! I never tried to replicate anything again. :no_mouth:

(Edith) #54

I made mashed turnips. They were definitely NOT to my liking. It was the turnips. :nauseated_face:

I also made pumpkin spice fat bombs. I was not a fan of those either. :nauseated_face:

('Jackie P') #55

Roasted radishes! I was led to believe they would taste like potatoes! I don’t think so! And I did it a few times!

Ugh, the ‘radishes are just like potatoes!’ con is the WORST! :roll_eyes:

I think the radishes taste better.

Whenever I see “tastes just like…” I say “lies, all lies” :joy: I do like roasted radishes, though and they taste deliciously radishy :wink:

(Natasha) #59

Not specifically a keto issue but made my usual almond flour cupcakes on Sunday and obviously added waaaaaay too much baking soda… barf :nauseated_face::face_vomiting:

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #60

Kale. Fortunately, beets have too high a sugar content to be keto, so I don’t even need to try them.