What is the WORST keto recipe you have tried?

(Bob M) #61

This is the only kale recipe I can stomach:

I forget whether we used the carrots or substituted for them or left them out or maybe added fewer of them.

Keto PB cookies using Swerve. You know those little kits with the frames that you sprinkle tiny glass or plastic pieces in, bake, and make stained glass thingies? The “cookies” flattened out like that- and were practically see-through. Came out NOTHING like the video tutorial- which I followed to the letter.
And, the taste was pretty disgusting.

Just giving up on sweets entirely. These faux-sweets are ruining the memory of what real sweets tasted like. I’m growing more and more content with the memory, rather than partaking.

(Brian) #63

We gave up on kale long before going keto. Just didn’t like it. Never liked it. Never had a recipe for it that made it “good”. Kale goes by the affectionate nickname of “grass clippings” here. Sorry, but that’s about what they taste like to me. (no offense to grass clippings intended…)

My adaptation is to add 30g of psyllium husk, about another 50ml water and make five or six rolls.
I make point ended long rolls and make three deep slashes across each one.
It works, crispy rolls that are cooked right through.
I think 250g of ground flax seed would take 50g of psyllium husk, but I’ve not experimented here yet.
I think the key is the small volume, the shape and the deep cuts in the top. The heat can penetrate quickly.
However, the original recipe, without modification works if I cook it in an old fashioned metal loaf tin that quickly conducts heat to the dough. I’d be wary of using a glass or silicon ‘tin’.

(Jane) #65

I can’t find it but I had a recipe for crispy kale chips with sriacha sauce that was pretty good!