What is the proper way to start eating again after a short (48 hr) fast? I had diarrhea

I also do a lot of fasting, and only find this issue when certain foods are used to break the fast. And I’ve had a lot of other folks mention these same foods to avoid. … So for me, if I eat Eggs or any type of Nuts, this causes those reactions. But If I do a small salad with some Olive Oil and some Dressing, and then wait 30-60 minutes, I can pretty much eat a regular meal with no issues. - But to be honest, having that ‘Cleansing’ happen afterwards is not a bad thing though. As long as it doesn’t continue on for days, which I’ve heard some mention of this happening. … Then definitely find out what foods to avoid for breaking and you should be fine. :slight_smile:

(Empress of the Unexpected) #22

That “cleansing” has been the bane of my existence on keto, until just the last couple of months. My body “cleanses” itself if I go too long without eating (and we are talking 6 hours, not six days.) Actually, the whole process has been instructional. I am no longer deathly afraid of having a colonoscopy. In fact, some days, I am ready to go……

(Running from stupidity) #23

This is situational, though :slight_smile:

Yep, that it is indeed. I’m speaking of if it happens shortly after eating, but only say once or twice, and then clears up. But have read others mention this lasting a lot longer, which is not a good thing. Such as @Regina mentions above, 6 hours can be quite daunting. And I do get what you’re saying about the colonoscopy, Regina. :smile:

But like I mentioned, someone suggested to me to try a salad with Olive Oil and waiting the 30-60 minutes and this seems to work quite well for me. And I make sure not to eat Eggs or Nuts, so this works for me.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #25

I meant that it happens when I don’t eat for six hours. Eating three meals a day keeps it at bay. That’s why it gets so discouraging even trying time restricted eating.

Oh, Ok. - Wow, yeah, that could be a problem indeed. (I wonder how many others have that issue?) … I don’t think I’ve even experienced it, unless I fast beyond 48 hrs.? Usually 72+ makes me avoid the Eggs, Nuts, etc. Anything less and I don’t even think about it.