What is the longest fast that you've completed?

(Jeff Ryan) #81

What does antioxidant do to keto diet?

(James storie) #82

The way I understand it, the protein that is lost during the process are cells that need to be recycled anyway, like extra skin. Think about someone who is actually put into a starvation situation, do they have a lot of baggy skin? Plus Jason Fung does have a lot of experience in this matter.

(Jason) #83

I do 3 days every calendar month, started randomly whenever it fits best into my lifestyle. If it is scheduled it is usually leading up to something that requires focus. I love how my brain functions on day 3.

(netposer) #84

My longest was 4 days last summer (2016). I donā€™t think I will go longer. Iā€™m 5ā€™7" and 160-165 lbs. I do 18 hour fasts all the time and about 2 or 3 times per month I do 24 hour fasts. Not to lose weight but for health. I think it helps me stay healthy and gives my body an opportunity to re-set. (autophagy)

(Jennifer) #85

On day 7 of my first long term fast. I feel pretty awesome - clarity of mind, but the body is a bit tired.

Craving a big bowl of taco meat with guac, salsa, cheese and sour cream. Lolā€¦

But I will probably break my fast with some mellow cabbage/veggie/chicken soup just to be on the safe side. :slight_smile:

(eljay716) #86

I did 5 days and 45 minutes, that was my last fast. I have done 2 3day fast also. I have bpc, propel and tea during my fasts.

(mike) #87

My first post here. Longest is 48 hours. Was pretty easy as I had already been intermittent fastinbg for many months. Flt good and not hungry the whole time.

(Branden) #88

I have done 2 different 10 day fasts. One was water only and with the other I added broth. I know most people say they are not hungry after 3 days of so, but I am someone that is hungry all the damn time. What gives?

(Jason) #89

Probably the amino acids in the broth triggering your hunger.

(Kathy ) #90

I started a fast last Tuesday. I include coffee (with cream) and broth. I am going well so far. It is very good to hear about everyoneā€™s experiences. This forum is great.

(eljay716) #91

5 days!

(Trish Luza) #92

11 wonderful days.

(Lucrecia) #93

@franceslee so proud of you my friend! Also, really great to connect with you here! Happy fasting!

(Frances) #94

Thanks @Lucrecia Iā€™m hanging in there, counting the days down until Sunday. Iā€™m just so glad I finally was able to fit in a 7-day fast. But I wouldnā€™t have been able to do it without you!!!

(Lucrecia) #95

Iā€™ve had lots of people to guide me on the keto path - such a privilege to
share what Iā€™ve learned with someone like you who is sooooo willing to
change and grow and learn!

(Steve) #96

My longest fast has been three days, and I ate a couple of eggs on the last day, plus one st the 48 hour mark. I wasnā€™t ketogenic at the time.

I do 22-24 hour fasts about once a week.

Iā€™m currently about 30 hours into what was going to be a 24 hour fast, but Iā€™m tolerating so Iā€™m gonna let it extend out to no more than 3 days.

Breakfast already sounds really good to me.

(Andi Nakata) #97

Iā€™ve been Keto about 5 weeks from a clean eating and generally low carb lifestyle so I was able to IF 19/5 fairly naturally.

I decided to see how long I could fast this week after reading Moore/Fung fasting book. 1st day I had my BPC with MCT & Butter early with some bone broth midday & end of day - would that technically be fasting? Yesterday I had my BPC and only a cup of bone broth late in the evening (so less intake than day1). Today I just had coffee with heavy cream but ended up breaking my fast in the evening as I prepared dinner for my family - everything just smelled so good I joined in (Keto of course)

How do others handle fasting when feeding the family?

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #98

I love Dr. Phinney :phinney: but Cā€™MON!
DEATH!!? Thatā€™s a bit extreme.

My longest fast was 10 days, and it was a water fast.

Iā€™m quite proud of that.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #99

This must be what happened to me the one time I had a cup of broth during a fast. I ended up breaking the fast early. Pissed me off. No more broth on fasts for me!

(Bacon for the Win) #100

this is what Iā€™m doing now. I did 16:8 IF for a few weeks then a 24 hour fast. This week I did 41 hours and next week Iā€™m going to shoot for 96 hours. Iā€™m trying to do this with my work schedule so I can still have dinner and go out with my husband when weā€™re both home.