What is the #1 thing that made the scale move for you?

(Sue ) #41

I dunno, I had no alcohol the first 3 weeks and no scale movement then either, really. It seems like there are plenty of people here who have an occasional low carb drink and still lose. I guess it just varies from person to person.

('Jackie P') #42

For the lovely stuffed chicken thigh recipe. Here is a bit of a nerdy cheffy thing, but if you take the chicken skin off, do everything else the same them flatten the chicken skin with the back of a knife and bake it separate! Crispy chicken skin is the ruddy business!:yum:
In fact, I may smile sweetly at my butcher and ask for all the leftover skins to make a pile! Who needs crisps?

(Justin ) #43

Hey Sue, when I started Feb 21 this year I stopped drinking beer! I lost fast and as of today I am probably 18pounds down. I have been pretty good on Keto and that included a trip to Vegas so I am pretty happy. I am kinda plateauing now so I am gonna implement exercise in to build more muscle. I already IF and that is really amazing and people think I am crazy but actually they are the crazy ones! LOL I like my wine and now had the odd Nutrl or Nude vodka sodas when I am out with friends. Anyway I am kinda in the same boat so I am gonna try different things to change my plateau, I think working out may change up the body and not thinking about weight. I am at that time where I feel good about putting on some real muscle.

(Sue ) #44

Good luck Justin! How long do you fast for?

(Justin ) #45

Thanks for the well wishes. I started doing 16:8 and now I am pretty much OMAD so like 20hours. I know it sounds extreme but I rarely eat breakfast and just do a black coffee. I do throw in a 42 hour fast usually once a week and during it I drink water with some himalayan salt and the odd coffee and green tea in moderation because of caffeine makes me super jittery. Seems to work for me but if you haven’t done it I would give it a try and see what happens. Dr Berg has tons on videos on YouTube. Hope you find what suits your schedule and needs and beat that plateau

(Wendy) #46

I love the crispy chicken skin!

(Doug) #47

Thanks, Carl - holy crow that’s amazing… :slightly_smiling_face:

EF - Fasting is no. 1.
Limiting TOTAL carbs to 20 or less is #2.
Sticking to the 18:6 IF schedule and not eating before bed is #3.

(Karen) #49

Shifting to two meals. One meal was about 300 cal and the other meal was about 900 cal. No dinner