What has been your rate of weight loss?

(Running from stupidity) #21

Oh, it’s not YOU I’m worried about getting all offended :slight_smile:

(mole person) #22

I also needed to lose about 30 lbs. I lost every ounce, but it took a full year with a lot of ups and downs. You aren’t very overweight so you may need to make some adjustments to basic keto to get all the way to goal. Honestly 9 lbs in 8 weeks is really good progress.

(Joseph) #23

Need to lose 35# (ideal and was 10# from it, mostly stable for three years, until two back to back yearly injuries the last two years and major weight rebound after each) and have loss ~15# in just under four months (back to post initial injury weight). Low carb, 80-100g per day per week, and more or less equal protein & fat. Mostly 16:8/18:6 with a OMAD or 24+ fast day per week. Average weekly net calories around 1,500 but total of 2,200 (5 hours of cardio, indoor cycling, per week to 10 hours currently at upper endurance/low tempo intensity plus 3+ hours of walking per week). Started barely able to ride an hour on the trainer (recovering from being rear-ended by a minivan (vs bicycle)) to doing 5-hour rides (3.5 hours was my limit prior to the accident but now I doing a >4.5 hour ride per week each of the last five weeks). The weight can always drop more quickly but satisfied with the body recomposition and fitness rebuilding so far.

Date Wt.
12/5/18 187.2
12/20/18 186.2
12/24/18 183.2
12/31/19 183.7
1/23/19 180.2
1/30/19 177.8
2/18/19 175.2
2/23/19 173.6
3/15/19 172.4
3/23/19 170.6
3/25/19 172.6

(Karen Thompson) #24

I figured I would provide an update… in the last 10 weeks, I’ve lost 3 more pounds. I’m pretty sure I know what is keeping the breaks on… sugar free treats! I never felt like I could totally give up my sugar fix, so I eat a treat every evening. Sugar free ice cream with some almond butter…Russell Stover sugar free peanut butter cups… whipped heavy cream mixed with SF caramel syrup. An occasional treat should be fine, but I eat it every day. It is my “reward”. And I don’t eat a small quantity either. So, I’m cutting them out, starting tomorrow!! I figure I’ll try it for a week and see if it makes a difference. This will not be easy!!

(Jane) #25

Good luck with your plan! Maybe give it a couple of weeks just to give your body time to react to no sweets in the evenings?

(Karen Thompson) #26

Day 1 without artificial sweeteners is almost in the bag! I ate a couple tablespoons of natural almond butter after dinner as a substitute.

(Jane) #27

Good - you can do this!

(Melanie Pierce) #28

(My first time posting…) Lost 30 lbs in the first 3 months, in my second 3 months I haven’t lost or gained. I also stopped tracking my macros after the first 2 months, though, so that’s probably a big part of what’s going on.