What happened with Jimmy Moore at the weekend?

(Norma Laming) #47

Keto Women Pilot with Daisy Brackenhall.

This weekā€™s LLVLC episode with Mark Sisson
(Norma Laming) #48

Keto Women Pilot with Daisy Brackenhall

(ianrobo) #49

Well Jimmy just posted this and I think it is clear who he references here as stabbing him in the back.

this does happen when money and careers get in the way ā€¦

ugh - this is hard to read. I donā€™t think itā€™s just money and careers; weā€™re looking at less-than-ideal communication skills. The reason ā€œIā€ statements are so helpful in relationships and in conflict resolution is that as soon as you start to accuse others of certain ways of thinking or ulterior motives, you shut down the discussion completely.
The above Facebook post closes doors, whereas the same statement could read: ā€œItā€™s been a rough stretch, and I was so upset to see an important collaboration not work out the way I had hoped and imagined that it would. Iā€™ve been moving through [whatever it is heā€™s feeling: sadness, disappointment, etc] but hope to [whatever he hopes]ā€
Thatā€™s more honest and it allows for movement forward. Hearing those early podcasts, I can absolutely see why the unnamed person (well, both of them) would have wanted to move on without any malice or desire to back-stab. As it turns out, for me it was them that got Jimmy on my radar and not the other way around.

[Ian, I loved hearing your episode with 2KD! Found it very inspiring :slight_smile: ]

(ianrobo) #51

Thanks and happy at the feedback I got !!!

(Mandi) #52

I agree completely. I had never heard of Jimmy and he was honestly the part I liked the least about the podcast.

(Cathy) #53

The other thing that occurs to me is that in media in general, popularity is usually fleeting (read ~ jump the shark). This is likely true for podcasts. I have listened to J.M. for years and finally tired of his ā€˜brandā€™. I will still listen if he has a guest that appeals to me but not regularly anymore. That is just the way it goes. We as ā€˜consumersā€™ are fickle.

(David) #54

I read this on Instagram (yes, I am so up with modern social media :slight_smile: ) and thought it canā€™t relate to that event, as I remember Jimmy apologising publicly and profusely for it. My memory of it was that he accepted the relationship breakdown was his fault. Has history been rewritten a little here?

You nailed it. I respect Jimmy but he seems to be a little, er, immature, when it comes to this stuffā€¦

(Elliott) #56

I hate Jimmy Moore. I listened to every Fasting Talk that Dr. Fung and Megan did. Those two were great. But JM drives me up the wall. I was so happy when I noticed they stopped working together so I could unsubscribe. :smiley:

(Chris) #57

You mean you donā€™t want your free bottle of questionably-sourced ā€œoliveā€ oil?

(Crow T. Robot) #58

Iā€™m just catching up with the latest and all I can say is ā€˜wowā€™. Usually, time gives you a bit of perspective and you are more likely to accept things gracefully even when you feel hard done by. Jimmy seems to have gone the other way. Sad to see, because I think he is an important part of the LCHF world, but it seems to me like heā€™s been believing his own hype a bit too much.

(Nicole Sawchuk) #59

I like so many others stumbled upon Jimmy Moore thanks to Dr Fung and not the other way around. I knew who he was and bought one of his books a couple of years ago but he just wasnā€™t my cup of tea. With that said, I do respect him and everything he has done and I think he is a good interviewer despite not liking his style. Once Megan and Dr Fung left Fasting Talk, I kept listening to the show but it just didnā€™t have the same appeal to me. I was searching for more expert advice or background and despite Jimmy saying he was not pushing extended fasting, he always seemed to be asking his guests why they didnā€™t fast longer even if they had found what worked for them. It started annoying me and I had recently stopped listening to the podcast.

I just try to keep in mind that everyone here is just trying to educate the world and that we are all humans who let our emotions get the best of us sometimes.

For now I will just be grateful that the initial Fasting Talk episodes that got me started on my journey and answered all the questions I initially had!

(Steve Stephenson) #60

And why is Jimmy so big now?

(ianrobo) #61

I think it is all down to stress

(Bacon for the Win) #62

Jimmyā€™s had a tough year :frowning:

(Adam Kirby) #63

Iā€™ve seen everything proposed from CICO, to Jimmyā€™s constantly cheating, to heā€™s eating too much fat and not enough protein, to this is proof that keto doesnā€™t work long term (nevermind that people have successfully maintained their losses for a decade+). There is also stress. I have no idea which to believe, although pretty sure CICO is a really stupid one. Iā€™m sure Jimmy is stressed, not sure how he would alleviate this stress though without retiring from this line of work.

(Bacon for the Win) #64

heā€™s done a great job advancing the cause, but I really believe itā€™s time for him to move on and find a new gig.

(Adam Kirby) #65

I actually agree. He seems to have too many irons in the fire, and this busy of a career might be really bad for health.

(Bacon for the Win) #66

I actually think his falling out with Fung and Ramos (which he brought on himself) pushed him over the edge. I donā€™t listen to him much anymore, but he seems to have taken on a victim mentality. Iā€™m sure seeing both of them gain traction with 2ketodudes hasnā€™t helped his state of mind either. Either way, itā€™s time to move on Jimmy. Thank you for all youā€™ve done. Jason and Meganā€™s contributions here and on the podcasts are priceless and much more professional.

Of course all of this is only my own opinion. YMMV.