What do you eat in 1 day?

(Robin) #21

Allie… I agree. I used to make fried egg sandwiches with mayo. Nd of course egg salad has mayo. It is a great combo.

(Jane) #22

One of my go-to favs is faux spaghetti.

Walmart carries shredded angel hair cabbage (not cole slaw mix - just cabbage).

I brown some hamburger or sausage with some onion and garlic, add enough Rao spaghetti sauce (no sugar in Rao’s) to make the sauce, sprinkle a layer of cabbage on top and mix in. Cook until cabbage is wilted. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and enjoy.

Easy to make, one skillet to clean up. Sometimes I grate mozzarella over the top and put under the broiler to melt.

(Pete A) #23

@Live4Now your menu doesn’t sound dull or boring.

Breakfast 9:30am 5 pieces of bacon and it’s grease, 2 eggs, 2oz cheddar. Dark Choc.

Lunch 2pm Meat [chicken, pork, beef, fish, or turkey] veggies [mostly frozen] in butter. Blue Cheese!

Dinner 6pm Salad, almonds, strawberries, Parm or Mozz cheese, Apple Cider Vinegar

Morning coffee before breakfast, then after lunch with ghee or coconut oil…

(Veronica) #24

Your menu looks really good! :slight_smile: My menu most days have bacon and eggs on it, and beef, or chicken thigh, and either a square of dark chocolate for dessert, or berries although I limit the amount of them. My staples that I simply can’t be without: bacon, eggs, cheese, cream and ground beef. I have always been a carnivore so the ketogenic diet for me seems just full of delicious food, now I just have to hone my cooking skills.

My menu today:

Almonds. Blocks of cheese.
Coffee with cream.

Lunch: Bacon with cherry tomatoes and avocado.

Dinner: Beef with zucchini.

Snack: Cheese wrapped prosciutto.

(Pete A) #25

Someone mentioned to me that eating almonds and cheese together was “weird”.

Glad someone else does it too!

I do fruit daily but in small portions. I’ve been on the (4) strawberries for awhile but may at some point change that up…

Love that correctIy portioned cheese!

Bacon and eggs. Then beef steak or lamb. Salt to taste. Amounts vary based on hunger signals.

(Rebecca ) #27

:rofl: I did the same thing when I made our first married Thanksgiving!

(Rebecca ) #28

I chop hard boiled eggs and mix in mayo quite a bit!

(Rebecca ) #29

I’ll often have some macadamia nuts and cheese cubes while at work…they go great together!

(Pete A) #30

AC_SY780

I love mayo. I could eat this jar.

For what that’s worth I only eat a teaspoon at a time. Not “quite a bit” !

(Marcia T) #32

If the food sensitivity testing was done after you’d stopped eating gluten, you wouldn’t have an immune response to it. A nurse practitioner tested me and found no response so said gluten wasn’t a problem. Years (literally) later she said she’d made a mistake in telling me that since I hadn’t been eating gluten for months when tested. You need to eat it for about six weeks to test successfully - not something I’m willing to do. Good luck!

I ate everyrhing prior. I don’t so standard keto, I do a hybrid of CKD/TKD and don’t have my carbs at 20g, I pretty much have everything trickling in at some.point. strict keto for 4yrs had me lose all metabolic flexibility which I wasn’t OK with. Eating one “normal” meal shouldn’t make you feel lile you have the literal flu for 3 days.

(Becky S.) #34

Two eggs scrambled with the chunk of butter it is cooked in as well as a generous oz of cream cheese mixed in.

A whole avocado on two slices of (1 net carb per slice) keto toast with at least a tblsp of butter on each and salted over the top.

Coffee with coconut oil.

Steak on the grill with fried thinly sliced leaks on top (like frizzled onions, heard it on The Dudes) and down and dirty cream of spinach made by sauteing spinach in lots of butter and garlic and at the very end, just before serving a couple of tablespoons of keto friendly spinach dip mixed in.

I sometimes have Carl’s keto mousse or some other keto friendly desert but not always.

(Ulia) #35

Instead of snack, try to eat bigger lunch or dinner

And just a reminder, too much protein can affect insulin as well

Tell about your progress?

(Bob M) #36

I couldn’t answer this, because my meals vary too much. Last week for lunches, I ate beef heart, hot sauce, and green olives. Added raw milk, collagen peptides, and whey protein. Dinners are always different. Had pork chops, chicken wings, burgers, can’t remember what else last week for dinners. Eating 2MAD most days.

Lunches this week will be beef, mainly top round. Will finish my green olives on Monday. Hope to get some cheese to add. Will take raw milk, collagen peptides, and whey protein though. Dinners will, again, be different. Hope to get in a 36 hour fast this week. We’ll see.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #37

Though Professor Bikman claims that what we eat along with the protein and fat makes the difference. If we eat protein with carbs, insulin goes up considerably, but if we don’t have the carbs, any rise in insulin is matched by a rise in glucagon, so that the ratio of insulin to glucagon remains low. And it is that ratio that determines whether the body is in fat-burning or sugar-burning mode.

(Ulia) #38

Good to know, but I heard, I think it was dr Berg, that too much protein itself can do that. That we dont need as much protein as we think. At least it works like that for me. If I eat too much protein I can get bloated and can gain weight

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #39

There was an older belief, someone’s best guess that got turned into dogma, that eating too much protein was like eating cake, because the liver would turn the excess into glucose. We now know that’s not true; the glucose production is more highly regulated than that. The body has many ways of disposing of excess protein, including urinating out the extra amino acids.

But we know that it’s quite possible to eat too much protein (even if most people don’t need to worry about it), some people do it without a really high amount. Maybe not the healthy ones but the average person is far from healthy.
Isn’t protein in urine is a sign of a problem? Does the body do it as protection in some people? Whatever, it’s very hard to eat super much protein so using it as fuel (I know it’s not the normal or ideal thing to happen to protein but it can become energy, right?) or even waste it couldn’t be a big problem. It’s more interesting that some people eat 150-200g protein and gets problems. IDK what is the intake of @Ulia but probably not super high… Though who knows, people have interesting ideas about the right protein need (we do have different protein needs but it’s not as varied as for fat or even what feels ideal for carbs). It’s known many people wildly overestimate their protein needs and many people wildly underestimate it. I saw all kinds of numbers despite there is a not so big range (for LBM) sane and vaguely knowledgeable persons tend to use, for good reason… Individual differences aren’t very high (without steroids) as far as I know. I still consider 1-2g/kg for LBM a good range if one is able to eat that little protein, it’s impossible for me (but I am not too far on average so no dangerous levels) so I go for the lowest protein intake I can do without overeating fat (or carbs). My intake is still pretty good, not excessive, maybe a tad unnecessary here and there, never felt any bad due to it. But some people need to go lower.

(Ulia) #41

Anyway I amjust sharing what works forme. And I can tell if I overeat protein I gain ot stall weight. But I am so happy I found that forum bc it is good to have people who believes the same!:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
I was doing keto for many years and I just love it! I tried carnivore but it is harder for me. I have family and it ia easier doing keto as a family with 2 teens.