What do YOU break with?

(Chris) #1

I’ve had numerous arguments about breaking fasts and what kind of food to start with. A lot of folks say fruit or vegetable juice… That just seems like asking for it.

I’ve had ok success with nuts, ass blasting sessions with salad, ok success with fatty meats, and great success with eggs drowning in butter.

What about you?

(bulkbiker) #2

I wouldn’t have fruit or vegetable juice even when not fasting so certainly wouldn’t want to break a fast with it… I usually have eggs or maybe some avocado.

(migorstmarseille) #3

I recently did a 5 day fast with @TomSeest and he recommended I break with some avocado, which I did. I drizzled a little olive oil and a dashed a bit of balsamic vinegar on a bowl of two small diced fruits. I ate about 3/4 of it, and had no nausea or intestinal shock or other issues.

I always break a mid (four days) or long fast (seven days) with Beef Bone Stock loaded with Raw Unpasteurised Butter.
Follow that up a few hours later with Bacon bits (cut fine) and two/three eggs cooked in more butter with spinach and mushrooms all cooked in the same pan.
Which reminds me I have to make some more chocolate fat bombs for snacking, takes the edge of the hunger pangs… :slight_smile:

(KCKO, KCFO) #5

About 5 olives and 5 macadamia nuts is how I break a fast, after about an hour, I will have a normal for me meal.

Juice is not a great idea if you are a ketonian. If you are a vegetarian/vegan ketonian, then a piece of fruit should work well for you.

(Tim) #6

Tune in tomorrow to learn more! :slight_smile:

I’m super close to being done with this follow up post. Just in time for the next fast too.

(Lauren) #7

I’ve broken my few extended fasts with 2-3 pieces of bacon, wait 30 minutes (or however long it takes me to cook), then eat as usual.

(Jennifer) #8

Olives are the only thing that work for me. Then I wait an hour or so and I’m usually good.

(Mike W.) #9

How long of a fast are we talking? I just broke 48 hours with a chunk of ham, an egg, a pickle, chicken wings, a salad with blue cheese dressing, and a hunk of butter. Never had any issues after breaking even a 72 with a regular meal.

(Doug) #10

Have not yet fasted longer than 5 days. Don’t do anything special - just start eating again. Have had no problems.