What do you all put butter on?

Butter got even more expensive in the last year but I still use it in a rare non-creamy egg milk and on bread. Whatever kind of bread I am eating at the moment, soft butter works with ALL and I just appreciate my 100% egg bread even more as nothing is there to dilute the wonderful butter flavors.
Sometimes I am bold and put it into my pâté, it’s classic (just like duck fat in it) - but the liver flavor is so strong that I wonder if it’s a waste and I actually love the way, way cheaper lard just fine and it suits my pâté… I usually use butter in a role where only butter will do. (Bread and lard is just as classic as bread and butter but I still prefer the latter.)

(Laurie) #44

I don’t put butter on anything. I use it in scrambled eggs.

(Robin) #45

Oh man, that’s rough. But always good to identify the culprit!

(Allie) #46

Yes, I think maybe after some time of complete abstinence I may be able to enjoy a bit of cheese here and there, but it definitely cannot be a regular thing unfortunately :pleading_face:

(Jane) #47

I cook my eggs in butter if I didn’t fry bacon first - then I use the bacon grease. I don’t add butter to any meat - just veggies. I don’t fix many veggies - usually have a salad with olive oil and vinegar dressing. I put a very small pat in my morning coffee - after that just cream and liquid stevia in my coffee.

Sometimes I make riced cauliflower and add a lot of butter and cream to it. When my summer garden is producing green and yellow beans I steam and add butter to them.