What do folks eat for snacks

(Doing a Mediterranean Keto) #42

So true. Is there any study analyzing if sugar “distorts the mind”, making us forget about stopping eating sugars?

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #43

It’s not ‘just’ sugar - sweet distorts the mind and apparently a lot of other sensory receptors.

:smiley: I soooooooo can’t do that! I usually eat without proper hunger. I so want to try not to but I forget or just have a too good reason for it (like I NEED food to function well. I am just not hungry).

I personally have zero problem with snacking, it may feel nice. I am bad with tiny meals myself so if I snack, that’s part of my substantial meal, not a separate meal. But if others like it and they are fine with it, why not?

(Carnivore for the win) #45

I find this to be true in my case. Sweet, of any kind, creates cravings and/or overeating

(Kathy) #47

I have the standard snacks “nuts, cheese, liverwurst on pork rinds, mini smoothie, berries and FF yogurt” when I really can not make it to my meal time. But it normally will be less than 2 hours away from my dinner time, which 4 out of 7 days is my first meal and only of the day.
But in saying that, since I am pretty much on maintenance I have 1/2 of an thinly sliced apple with 2-3 tablespoon of peanut butter, twice a week with no issues. Very satisfying!

(A fool and his bacon are soon parted) #48

When I joined these forums, the standard advice was that if it was necessary to snack, it meant we weren’t eating enough at meals.

But we can’t always eat enough at meals… OMAD with a few bites before/after makes perfect sense to me sometimes for various reasons (as I can’t eat a tiny meal far from my bigger ones unless it’s super tiny, a few kcals only). 2 meals are almost always overeating for me but one meal may be not enough unless I plan it very well or eat a smaller meal very soon.
And there is the thing when one WANTS to snack, hunger has nothing to do with that. Like a few rosehips, I never eat them at a meal, only during walks :slight_smile: Sweetness is fine and it’s very little carbs and calories so it’s just a mostly harmless joyful mini-snack if the fancy hits. I don’t eat it if I take my carnivore(-ish) seriously, though. I have a 7 month long fruit season, that’s way more than enough for me, it keeps me from doing carnivore for longer periods (like 1-2 weeks).
A medlar is too big, I can’t use that as a separate snack but 1-2 rosehips or raspberries (okay, maybe 5-10 raspberries :smiley: I love them and no way I only eat them once a day when there is raspberry season!) are fine.