What did you NOT eat today?

avoided
success
temptations
unhealthy

I did not eat any carbs at all today.

Very good point.

I didn’t eat the pumpkin spice iced capp, the pumpkin spice muffin with cream cheese icing, or the apple fritter at Tim Hortons. Just an iced coffee with cream.

Oh, that’s a good day!

(Jane) #165

I ordered my tacos today with lettuce wraps instead of fried corn shells!

Was tempted to toast a bagel at work and add cream cheese. Instead, I got a little snack cup and put 2 oz of cream cheese in it and ate it with a spoon! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(Hermie) #167

Next weekend, we are celebrating my brother’s 70th birthday party. The only “party” that he would agree to is Golden Corral (some family members have nicknamed it “The Trough.”) Not only are we going to a buffet restaurant, but I’m ordering the birthday cake (his favorite is chocolate cake, chocolate icing.) Ironically, several family members are Type 2 diabetic. Thank heavens my husband is on Keto with me, so we’ll be sticking to the unsweet iced tea, the simple meats, and the carb friendly salad items.

(Hermie) #168

We went to the movies a couple weeks ago, my husband (also on Keto) loves popcorn. We got a small popcorn, I ate 50 pieces, and quit. However, the next time we went to the movies, I took a bag of pork rinds, sprinkled with sea salt and nacho cheese popcorn seasoning. It was great! We never missed the popcorn.

(Hermie) #169

I am not opening any of the wonderful bottles of sweet wine that I have stowed in my house. Some are from my favorite winery, 900 miles from here, I stock up once or twice a year when visiting. Instead, I go out of my way to pick up a bottle of Merlot or a nice red blend wine.

(Hermie) #170

I love hard cider, and there are several in my fridge. I won’t drink them, but I’m going to hate skipping the cider brewery on my next visit to Portland.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #171

I have several ciders in my fridge. Guess who is not drinking them. But the weekend is near. I do drink some dry read wine in the weekend. My treat for surviving the work week. I IF 18/6 all weekend to help.

(Hermie) #172

So many restaurants that I no longer go to! Many have one or two Keto friendly choices, but way to many other temptations! Long John’s, Dunkin’ Donuts, Einstein’s, Steak N Shake, Tim Horton’s, Burger King, I have to avoid them all!

Sorry to pull you over, but, 100 grams of popcorn has about 74 grams of carbs!
No ticket this time.:policeman:

(Wendy) #174

Today I WENT TO A WEDDING AND DIDN’T EAT ANYTHING. Well I had a few blueberries and broccoli and sugar snap peas. There were so many tempting things to eat and I had been fasting since the evening before. afterwards, about 3:30, I had a bun less 1/4 pounder from McDonalds.
Yesterday was my wedding anniversary and we went out to eat where I had a delicious ribeye (way too big but I indulged) but I also had a dessert treat. So I decided I would not “cheat” today.

(Jane Hull) #175

I went to a picnic today and did not eat chips, potato salad, macaroni salad, watermelon, brownies or cake. I also did not drink Coke.

(Wendy) #176

oh, and yesterday I did not eat the fresh baked bread they brought to our table, even though it looked awesome and it was late. I did however eat a pat of butter.:blush:

Went out to Texas Roadhouse last night, and only had a 1/2 my Porterhouse, with a side of Mushrooms and Onions. With two more sides of Mushrooms! :slight_smile: … But nothing else.

Ate the other half for lunch today, still with loads of mushrooms. Then just a salad tonight after working in the yard all day.

Way to go, Wendy!

Weddings can be treacherous. :+1:

frozen%20kefir

Okay, this isn’t a picture of something I avoided, but rather something I ate to avoid something else.

What I avoided was a small Blizzard from Dairy Queen. After eating keto for a year, we started going to Dairy Queen every other weekend to “celebrate”. I think I’ve mentioned it somewhere else on the forum, but I realized that if I ordered a medium, I’d get heartburn, but if I got a small - no heartburn.

Well, I came across this product when I was in the grocery store one day, and decided to try it. We make our own kefir at home, but not frozen. I really like it and thought surely I’ll like this. AND I DID!

So, I looked up the nutritional information of a small Salted-caramel truffle Blizzard - 105 g OF CARBS! Ouch. A pint of frozen kefir - 72 g of carbs. Granted that’s more than twenty, but remember, I only eat it rarely. Also, I can eat a whole pint and not get any heartburn.

More dessert, less carbs, no heartburn. If you’re looking for a frozen treat, that’s a WIN, WIN for me!

Or is that win, win, win? :thinking:

Boy, that’s appropriate! :laughing: