What did you NOT eat today?

avoided
success
temptations
unhealthy

I didn’t eat any carbs yesterday.

My day consisted of eggs, bacon, a bit of creme fraiche on the side and a steak. Some HWC in my coffee.

I did drink a diet Pepsi because I was starting to get a headache, so not technically carnivore. Still, nice to know I can go a day with no “extas”

(Hermie) #182

Our Winn Dixie has the big, fresh baked chocolate chip cookies, sitting on the edge of the credit card swiper, not nice!

I will have them removed for you. (LOL)… How treacherous!

(Empress of the Unexpected) #184

A fig. We were passing a fig tree and my husband kept urging one on me. Ladies, I think the tables have been turned!

This used to be one of my favorites, key lime pie.

They’re starting to laugh at me now for taking pictures, but the jokes on them!

(TJ Borden) #186

I can’t believe I JUST NOW saw this thread. This is great m. Unfortunately for me, lately it’s too often been “what DID you eat NOT keto today” that you probably shouldn’t have.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #187

I hope Doug enjoyed them. I’m at a place now where there is zero temptation to indulge.

(Doug) #188

Ouch. Right you are, Eric. It’s kind of painful to look at.

I avoided Sour Patch Kids :frowning:

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #190

I went out for Indian food with friends last night. The naan looked good, and I’m sure it was. But I was satisfied with my saucy meats and cheese. I love that I can enjoy my meal and leave the bread on the table. Maybe another day, but not today.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #191

I did not eat the half-eaten bag of Cheetos my husband left on the counter.

(Carissa JB) #192

I didn’t eat the second 8 oz block of cheese . I am having a hard time with cheese.

(Nathan Toben) #193

I didn’t eat dairy again today even tho I almost grabbed a brick of cream cheese and gosh the energy my body derives from dairy-free keto is so much smoother. I feel much less inflammation from workouts as well.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #194

Went to a college football game last night. Did not eat a bag of peanuts (or any peanuts). did not eat a dog in a bun. Actually was not hungry and honored not being hungry and did not eat anything.

And my team won. Go spiders.

Oh man, how many times have I eaten something even though I wasn’t hungry? Sure, why not reward our body for NOT being hungry? Boy that’s a concept I’ll have to wrap my mind around. I love that point of view!

Great job, Regina! Keep it up.

Keto: great for your health, maybe not so much for marriages. :rofl: :rofl:

Oh, Carissa, one of the things I like most about being keto is figuring out what I can and can’t tolerate. Before keto, I think my body was awash with all kinds of toxins, and I had no idea what was good, or what was bad. Of course, most of what I ate was probably bad, and even if I ate something good, more than likely I would follow it with something bad.

Eat a steak: GOOD
With a bake potato: BAD

Have a salad: GOOD
Washed down with a coke: BAD

It was a vicious cycle!

(Carissa JB) #198

Hi Darren :slight_smile: , I am thinking about giving up all cheese. It is so easy to eat too much of for me. I’ve already learned to avoid cheeses that I find too irresistible like wedge romano, parmesan ,and asiago . They are my weakness.

Carissa, I can completely understand you wanting to give up a food, which you may have issues keeping the amounts under control. But it would be a shame really, since you actually like it, and cheese is indeed a very good food source for Keto. (Being very low carb, good in fats, etc.) … I know for myself, I do like to keep plenty of it around, and in different forms, and I do enjoy adding it to a lot of meals. But also know not to go overboard with it too, as you say. Maybe just remove those that make you want to indulge, and keep some others to incorporate into meals? Because completely removing it, may cause desires for it to grow even stronger? … Just a thought.

(Carissa JB) #200

Hey there Dave😀 I may only give up the parmesan, romano and asiago for now. It’s like candy to a sweets addict for me. Most other cheeses are just a normal food for me. How much cheese do you eat a day? I could seriously eat a pound of cheese and nothing else😬