What did you NOT eat today?

avoided
success
temptations
unhealthy

(Chelsea Barnett) #121

Oh and my mom brought some lo mein noodles over last week. (My favorite food ever before keto) and I literally watched her eat it while we were having a conversation. And it smelled amazing. But I didn’t even sneak a bite. That’s will power.

Chelsea, I don’t know why, but that reminds me of a story. My Mother-in-Law invited us over for dinner one night. There were about 8 people, total. (She’s fully aware of our diet.) She got BBQ from a local restaurant. I kid you not, there was about A POUND OF MEAT to share between all of us. Oh, but plenty of coleslaw, beans, and cornbread.

Lisa and I ate the absolute most meat we thought we could get by on without looking greedy, and nothing else, while everyone else was just loading up their plate with carbage. :rage: :rage: :rage: After we left, we were both starving, and looking for more food to eat.

(Chelsea Barnett) #123

I would have been mad. Like if they were aware of yalls diet there should have been more bbq.
I haven’t been invited to dinner since I started keto. But if this happened to me, I’d be hosting dinner at my place next time.
But kudos to y’all for not givin In and eating the food with carbs :+1:

One pound of meat to split between 8 people??? Wow! That is very chintzy, 2 oz per person. Should have been 2-3 lbs to split between all. Unless the other 7 were vegetarian…

Well…it might have been a little more, but not MUCH. Still way too little for that many adults!

That’s for sure!

(Lorraine) #127

I helped DD12 make some blueberry and strawberry muffins. She is very interested in learning to cook, but only things she likes. LOL. I did NOT eat any of her muffins, but I did make myself a double batch of Double Chocolate Chip Muffins from a Cooking Keto with Kristie recipe. I popped them in the freezer to enjoy over the next couple of weeks. I only ate one.

Too funny, but my ex was over to see DD and he tried one. He made me laugh when he asked if I was trying to kill him with the terrible after taste. I said no, but I was probably used to it, meaning the sweetener. After that, I had to taste test one to be sure I didn’t mess them up. Nope. They were delicious! He’s not keto and still has a taste for sugar. Oh well. The rest are ALL MINE!!!

That’s funny, I have a terrible after taste whenever I have a regular dessert, now. :+1:

(Michele) #129

In almost a year I haven’t eaten - pasta, rice, standard crackers, soda, juice, non-keto cake/muffins/desserts, candy/lollies/sweets, standard pizza, KFC, burgers, cereal, muesli bars, jam, marmalade, sugar, potato chips/crisps. popcorn, other bagged snack foods, pies/pastries
In almost a year I’ve only eaten - half a slice of bread (this weekend with pate), about 6-10 fries
When we eat out and have curry we substitute cabbage for the rice (and love it, our regular curry house doesn’t mind our weird ways), we only have keto pizza at home,

Pre keto - I ate bread almost every day, often ate cereal, cake at least once a week, pasta and rice once a week or more, fries once or more a week, muesli bars regularly/sometimes daily

It’s funny because I really had to think hard about what I haven’t eaten! It gets easier as the new habits set in, just gotta watch for those pesky, sneaky carbs.

(Troy) #130

Nice
So true😄

Brioche from Whole Foods. Saw it at Whole Foods and really felt like having some w/ butter, of course! DID NOT.

(Hoteski) #132

I didn’t have cupcake today or yesterday or the day before and I really want one … With the buttercream icing…

Always with the buttercream icing! Is there any other kind??? :wink:

Congrats on resisting!

I didn’t eat any fresh homemade apple pie with a big dollop of vanilla ice cream on top, as it dripped over the edges of the warm crust and made its way toward the large chunk of Parmigiano-Reggiano. :wink:

Homemade apple pie that is still warm, with a dollop of vanilla ice cream! YUM!!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I did not eat any vanilla ice cream with a banana and peanuts on top and then drizzled with chocolate syrup all over.:sunglasses:

I do miss ice cream…yum.

You need to make some Keto-Ice Cream. :slight_smile: … I actually purchased an Ice Cream maker by request, roughly 3 weeks ago? But we just haven’t gotten to it yet. But maybe this weekend. :slight_smile:

(Hoteski) #139

Ede today and my neighbour kindly brings a lot of different rice dishes… They smell oh so good … I had one small half of curried potato and the rest is on my kitchen counter :sob::sob::sob::sob::sob:

(Hoteski) #140

Had 4 fried organic eggs in butter with cheese instead… Now I feel sick … Too many eggs