What did you NOT eat today?

avoided
success
temptations
unhealthy

(M.T) #101

Thanks for the encouragement Darren! I will! :muscle:

(M.T) #102

I feel you!! Potatoes are my biggest trigger too :drooling_face: But we both know it’s something we have to stay away from for now! Keep on fighting! :muscle:

(Lonnie Hedley) #103

I see your potato chips. And raise with chocolate covered potato chips.

(M.T) #104

@hedleylo My god what are you doing to me(us)!! Hahaha xD

(Lonnie Hedley) #105

@dlc96_darren started it with his donuts.

Oops, just noticed he blurred the pic. Let me edit my post.

But you didn’t eat them, right?

Because I might have tried one, or two, of those. :wink:

(M.T) #107

Hahaha I like ur humour! Thanks for blurring it out lol!

(Lonnie Hedley) #108

Watching the people in my office eat them was enough to discourage me. Like drug addicts getting their fix.

(Laurie) #109

Re faux apple pie with Ritz crackers: I think this kind of thing was popular in times and places where the real thing wasn’t available or was out of season (and no fridge, etc.). Then it becomes a tradition. When I lived in West Virginia, people loved to fool each other with stuff like this. They’d serve you coconut cookies with no coconut, milk gravy with no milk, and wait for you to say “Mmm, coconut!” or “I love milk gravy!” Then they’d tell you.

Anyway, to the topic: I live next door to a restaurant and near other sources of junk food, including some “experience” things like an ice cream stand beside the beach. Sometimes I spend two or three hours thinking about the fresh bread, pizza, ice cream cones, etc., that are calling me. Finally those thoughts go away.

I love to look in the windows of patisserie shops, & at the krispy crème donut stands- my husband can’t understand it, I say I like to torment myself, but I love the sense of victory I get from looking & knowing I can resist!

(Aimee Moisa) #111

My daughter’s birthday cake on Monday. It was my favorite and hubby bought it without checking with me first so I could say NO. :slight_smile:

Well. that’s admirable. I don’t think anyone would have judged you if you’d had a piece, but I’m proud of you for resisting.

(Aimee Moisa) #113

I accidentally got a smudge of it on my finger as I was pulling the candle out and I started play-yelling at my husband, “Get it off! Get it off!!! I dont wanna lick it!” To which he replied, like Satan, “Just lick it off, it wont hurt.”

(Jane) #114

Speaking of birthday cake…

There was a birthday celebration at work today and this is a small plant (< 50 employees) so everyone is like family. I joined to sing happy birthday and visit and had to watch the whole group eat apple pie and a dark chocolate cake… while on my 3day day of fasting…
UGH

I declined, of course.

I wasn’t much of a sweet eater before keto, so this was easier for me than salty, savory food with rich smells…

If he was any sort of a husband he would have licked it off for you :yum:

(Lonnie Hedley) #116

Whatever these are.

(Laurie) #117

One problem with birthday cake and the like is that I might feel some obligation to honor the person or occasion by joining in. I find that if I busy myself by helping with the serving and/or cleanup, nobody realizes that I’m not eating. Even if someone does notice and insists that you take a piece, you can leave it there on the table or counter while you bustle about. Eventually it just becomes part of the party detritus.

Not everyone will need to use this kind of trick. I don’t drink alcohol, so alcohol is never a temptation even if everyone else is drinking. But with food, I can feel so tempted to give in to peer pressure.

(Jane) #118

Yeah, I’ve used that trick before - thanks!.

One time I was in Belgium on business and lunch was brought in and it was a tray of sandwiches. Everyone was standing around with a plate in their hands like a party and I wasn’t going to peel off the bread in front of everyone.

After the second time they insisted “I eat!” I didn’t want to offend so I picked up the smallest sandwich I could find and made it last by nibbling on it. Fortunately they were very small so most people had 2 or 3, but after you have a sandwich on your plate nobody counts LOL.

I do so much walking in Europe since I don’t have a car that I don’t worry too much about it and do the best I can. Never came back with any extra lbs.

Well, looky here. Someone was nice enough to bring their leftover German Chocolate Cake by the office, today.

I’m telling you people, the office is a dangerous place!

The others were accusing me of sending this picture to my wife to torment her, while they were all just munching away in front of me. Please!

Don’t worry, I stayed strong and resisted, for the forum. :wink:

(Chelsea Barnett) #120

My damn sister brings home cupcakes and donuts and things like that all the time. I’m always tempted but never give in. I think this thread is a great idea. We deserve to brag about what we don’t eat :wink: