What did you NOT eat today?

avoided
success
temptations
unhealthy

I did not eat the birthday treat I was served with today when I went to lunch with my friends! Chocolate cake, w/ chocolate icing, and vanilla ice cream!

I’m proud of you, Ann. Yesterday was Lisa’s birthday, and we did have some chocolate cake. :frowning:

But we didn’t eat as much as we would have in the past. That’s for sure!

Wow. That’s an accomplishment. That looks good.

Thanks, Darren. I figure I’m still too new to the keto process to only have 1 bite, but more importantly, I am finding now that I get a stomach ache when I eat carbs. Ten grapes on Saturday gave me a stomach ache; I can only imagine what a bite or 2 of chocolate cake would do! :scream:

@Hapygirl, yes it did, but the consequences are too difficult to deal with right now.

I didn’t get an apple fritter at Tim Hortons. Even though I had the “well I already had carbs today” mentality at the time. Super happy I was able to overcome that road block.

(Barbara Sarnecka) #86

What a great idea! I love the idea of posting pics of what we’ve successfully resisted. Every time there’s a free donut we don’t take; every time there’s a meeting with lunch provided (sandwich, chips, cookie, soft drink) and we skip the lunch; every time we get all the way to the front of the line at Starbucks with those chocolate croissants staring us in the face, and all we order is a coffee with a splash of steamed heavy whipping cream . . . that’s a victory! And it should be celebrated!!

Oh, it’s easy to rationalize, isn’t it?

I always feel good about the fact that, even if I eat something I shouldn’t, tomorrow is new day, and I can start over.

But it feels SO good, when I avoid it to begin with!

It’s amazing how many times in the day we’re confronted with something we shouldn’t eat. When that happens, I hope I’ll think of this thread, and take a picture instead.

I did NOT eat the deep dish pizza my granddaughter put under my nose…I did inhale the smell though.

Oh, that’s cruel. Kids can appear so innocent, can’t they? :angel:

I’m getting quite good at having a good sniff of food, & it being enough! Having a good inhale of Haribo sweets is a great idea, as I’m sure you can smell the chemicals in them!!

Your willpower is definitely better than mine, there is no way I could resist that if it was in front of me!!
I’m okay resisting things from a menu- I love a cheeseboard for dessert instead of a cheesecake or brownie (is that a thing in the US? It’s common in the UK), but if that was in front of me…probably not!!

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #93

My roommate left a plate of bread out on the coffee table all day yesterday. I didn’t eat it, but I found myself eating more keto food even though I knew I wasn’t hungry. So this morning I put a dish towel over it. Keep it out of my sight without infringing on her freedom.

(Terence Dean) #94

Try this page Dave. I’m not going near this recipe until maintenance, I also have my own version of KFC hoping to incorporate that into this one.

(Terence Dean) #95

Hey Darren, good to meet another former KFC addict! I’m sure we’re not the only ones!! :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks, Terence. That could have been the one I saw? I’ve searched so much stuff, I couldn’t say. But thanks again. Just thought having a few different methods of making stuff will help keep it changed up & not get boring.

That’s an excellent point!

That reminds me of A Tabitha’s comment:

(M.T) #98

Potato Chips! I have a bag of chips sitting right on my desk that I sit on everyday since 2 weeks ago that one of my family member brought home for me because it was my favourite. And I am a HUGE potato lover, potato cooked or prepared in any way, I LOVE. Reason for letting it sit on my desk is an evil way to train myself not to give in to temptations. Although I almost fail on several occasions but I held through it. It is a reminder for me (kind of) to stay determined. As long as the bag is still there, I succeeded a little bit.

Hang in there, MissM!

(Jane) #100

Oh man - I could not do that!!! It would be torture for me.

Everyone has their trigger foods and potato chips is mine. I could let a box of chocolates or a gooey chocolate dessert sit on my desk for weeks w/o being tempted… but not chips.

NSV for you!