What did you NOT eat today?

avoided
success
temptations
unhealthy

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #992

there are bakery croissants in the office kitchen… I am fasting…

Well that was convenient. :wink:

(Little Miss Scare-All) #994

Sincerely,
Dwight K. Schrute

Because 100% beef is just wrong… face palm, again, it’s all the cows’ fault, again…

https://www.theamazefoods.com/

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #996

Okay, I know I am on the record as being egalitarian in use of grammar and word choice, but when did this happen? Since when do you “rebel” something? All this time I have been wasting time rebeling against things. Or being a rebel. I don’t think I have ever rebeled anything!

If anyone deserved pendantry, it is producers of fake meat. On the other hand… fake meat, fake grammar.

We < ad copy editors > don’t need no education!

(Boston_guy) #997

Am not eating birthday cake or chocolate chips. Since really getting my eating window to 4 hours, it feels like cravings are 100% gone. When I was doing “lazy keto”, I was like a bear rummaging around the house for chocolate.

Did have a small slice the other night - rotten night’s sleep (20 minutes of deep sleep, vs average 90), and hungry and cranky the next morning. Lesson learned!

(Wendy) #998

And if meat is so bad, why does everyone want to eat things that look and taste like meat? I’ve never tried to make a meat taste like a vegetable. :stuck_out_tongue:
Yep fake.

(Wendy) #999

I passed on s’mores. I like them too. Fire, sticks and chocolate.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #1000

As has been pointed out in many threads, “long pig” is definitely keto. (And supposedly quite tasty.)

As for what I haven’t been eating, there are grapes all over my kitchen that I haven’t touched. (I did have an apricot, however. It wasn’t as good as I was hoping.) I made a keto cheesecake for Independence Day that went over quite well and didn’t touch any of the other, sugary desserts. I also had no trouble passing on the bun for my hamburger.

I had a dentist appt today, ventured into Walmart on the way home. Did NOT eat the entire bakery mark-down rack.

We had a long weekend in Pula and I went to town early in the morning, walked around the market, reserved our fish dishes in our favorite market stand, etc. As I was walking around town, I saw all these tourists having breakfast in local bakeries, munching on sandwiches, baked goods, and sweets. I reminisced of the old days when I would buy us assorted baked goods and surprise my husband with breakfast, then after lunch walk back home and have some ice cream on the way… A lightbulb went off again, no wonder I was chubby and unhappy!! Once you start with keto, you cant just eat these foods anymore - quick bite, convenient bite, desserts, foods on top of foods, etc.

(Elizabeth ) #1003

I am on a school trip and this is what we got served for breakfast. I’m not eating this morning.
:neutral_face:

(Susan) #1004

Aww =( that is super annoying and frustrating, Elizabeth.

Holy cow! Even if I was eating that stuff, it doesn’t look appetizing. :nauseated_face:

(Elizabeth ) #1006

It was a little grim. The clump of yellow was pasta salad, which was just the perfect complement. :neutral_face::neutral_face::neutral_face::neutral_face::neutral_face:

(Wendy) #1007

The other half of a mini white chocolate kitkat. It wasn’t as good as I was remembering either. :thinking::blush:

(Mame) #1008

Two work parties, 2+ hours and I avoided cookies, cakes, chips, hummus, crackers, fruits, dips with carbs and salads with carbs. at 40+ hours fasted, ugh glad that is over!

(I only ate some cheese and cucumber slices.)

(Susan) #1009

Well done on resisting all the bad carbage, you did great!! You should be very proud of yourself.

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #1010

Donut (doughnut) holes. A gal in the office keeps bringing them in and sharing. They are sitting on her desk like a beacon of deliciousness and I find myself staring at them while people talk to me. I have, on more than one occasion, walked out without answering just to be away from them.

(Susan) #1011

Is there any way you could have a word with the lady without offending her? You do very well resisting them, you should be proud of yourself as well =).