What did you NOT eat today?

avoided
success
temptations
unhealthy

(Alexia Falcone ) #61

unfortunately I have a bad longstanding Arsenal habit :roll_eyes:

No worries. :slight_smile: I like Arsenal too. - MC is my fav team, but I like watching all soccer games. … Have to say though, if I had to provide the one team I don’t particularly care for, it would be MU. Not sure why, just don’t like watching them like I do most teams. Have to say I thoroughly enjoyed this years FIFA World Cup!

Zapple pie. I was at a business meeting for our local Master Food Preserver group and one member brought in a pie made with zucchini (sliced up like an apple) and Apple pie spices. I was 95 hours into my 110 hour fast (and I’m not a big pie person), so I wasn’t tempted although numerous ladies told me l needed to try it.

There is no way in **** that zucchini tastes remotely like apple, even w/ some seasoning! I would not have tried it either! Some things are easier to say NO to. :smiley:

Yeah, I am that way too. Yes, those cookies, pastries, bread, pasta look good, but oh, the aftereffects of eating them are terrible. Definitely not worth it.

Made chocolate fondant puddings for my boys today, I did not eat them, didn’t try a keto one either…

@AnnM - Actually, the texture was close and with the spices, the consensus was that it was pretty darn good (better than some apple pies that they had previously). It was a an oversize zucchini with the seeds scraped out, and then sliced much as you would an apple. I’m not a pie person at all, so not tempted by pie even when I was eating that stuff but there was more than one person that was going to try it for their family this summer.

OK. It isn’t something I would go out of my way to have, but I guess if you have a garden full of overly large zucchinis, this recipe is a nice option.

(Troy) #69

:popcorn: popcorn, the movie kind, cooked in who knows what oils and the mystery butter
Went to the movies though

at this point , I’m over it now when going w popcorn…cringe kinda
Still smells so good! Not gonna lie. Slight craving

I will just pack , I mean “pack and stuff ” my own snacks
Then sneak…oops, I mean bring in😳

Today, the normal. Sunflower seeds and a package of bacon bits

I remember my husband’s aunt made a faux apple pie with Ritz crackers. Couldn’t bloody tell the difference :open_mouth:; but why you would want to replace the only decently nutritious ingredient in apple pie with more carbage, God knows.

Cinema for me too today, fasting also, none of my usual nuts I also sneak in!

Didn’t eat breakfast as I had a stomach ache from too many pecans the night before.

(Terence Dean) #73

My profile background image says it all for me. 16 weeks and 3 days without a bite!

original_KFC2

Terence, that was my FAVORITE place to eat, growing up. I could literally eat a bucket all by myself (at least when I was a teenager). Now, I can’t remember the last time we ate there.

Good one!

Oh, I hate it when I do things like that. The worst part is knowing better. I can excuse myself when I eat something I didn’t know was going to effect me badly, but now that I’m becoming more aware of what I can and can’t eat, and how much, I’ve got less of an excuse.

KCKO

Everyday is a new day!

(Charlotte) #76

I was ordering Thai food with some friends this past weekend, and very nearly caved and ordered a bunch of carby stuff, but ended up choosing a Thai beef salad and (unbreaded, dry rubbed) Thai wings instead. While I imagine there were a few more carbs hidden in my choices than I realized (the rub on the wings was a bit too sweet not to have some sugar in it, and they may have been thinly coated in rice flour before frying), they were definitely MUCH lower carb options than the Pad Thai and crab rangoons I initially almost talked myself into, and I was proud of myself for that harm-reduction choice!

(Jane) #77

NSV!!!

I made the 2KD’s version of Pad Thai from one of their earlier Podcast’s over the weekend with shrimp and shirataki noodles and it was VERY GOOD!

Very quick and easy to make - just took a few oddball ingredients I had to track down but will use again in the future.

(Charlotte) #78

I’ll have to check that out! Thai food is one of my weaknesses, and I really miss Pad Thai!

(Jane) #79

I left out the bean sprouts since I don’t care for them.

…What? Keto Fried Chicken! :smiley: - That is something I plan to try as well. Been thinking of using pork-rinds for the crust. And I know I’ve read that somewhere, just don’t recall where?

Was thinking to experiment with egg dipping, plus seasonings, and then rolled in pork-rinds. But won’t be this week. Currently fasting this week.