avoided
success
temptations
unhealthy

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #952

Darren I Loooove your suportive nature! :heart_eyes::muscle:
You’re the bomb :bomb::boom:

('Jackie P') #953

Exactly! I cover 10 wards and literally used to eat my way from 1 chocolate box to another! Overnight I just stopped and haven’t been tempted since! Spooky!

Thanks @Hardrock_keto_chick!

It’s easy to be supportive when I’m inspired by everyone here.

Y’all are THE BOMB! :bomb: :boom: :slight_smile:

That’s an amazing transition, @CrackerJax. Way to go! :+1:

Thank you!!! You’re an awesome cheerleader for all of us!!!

There are multiple factors at play here, motivating and inspiring me. The support I feel from you all is such a blessing, strengthening me constantly. Quite sure I’d fail or at least struggle immensely without you.
My brother’s untimely death last summer has had a profound affect on me. It seems to have fortified my (previously lacking) sense of determination to break past habits and food addictions. I know how devastated I was and am; but he also had a wife and two young sons, hundreds of friends and relatives, young people he had mentored, business associates, etc., that he left behind- because of an addiction to food and drink. To witness how something (food/drink) meant for our good winds up becoming the means to one’s demise is indeed profound and impactful.

Seeing my own children, wonderful husband, grandchildren, etc… makes me so thankful that I actually have been given the opportunity to turn the tide, and make the changes necessary to become and stay healthy.

('Jackie P') #956

Last night I did a curry night for some of my work colleagues! I ate the mulligatawny soup, chicken korma and veg curry, passed on the rice and potatoes, nans etc. Even though I had cooked them to perfection!:grin:
This was dessert, keto friendly lemon, cardamon and rose water posset, topped with a little creme fraiche, pistachios and edible rose petals, dusted with a rose gold shimmer! It was delicious!
But 1 person couldn’t come at short notice so this left over dessert was in the bin 10 seconds after its photoshoot!:innocent:
I think I had about 50 - 60 carbs, drank most of em! Great night but now back to it!

Gee whiz @CrackerJax, you’re an artist!

('Jackie P') #958

Why thank you Darren😘

(Miro) #959

Every picture of every cake and doughnuts and everything else I would eat in a heartbeat.

I miss eating what I want and working it off at the gym.

(Doug) #960

Took me by surprise - our homeowners association newlsletter today:

How have I not seen this thread before?!

And why do I stumble upon it while fasting???

After the second pic I had to skip to the end to save my sanity!

Ok, my paltry contribution… I used to always get an orange soda from the drink machine when I go to the laundromat. I eyed it last night on my way out the door but kept on walking. There was no way I was gonna blow my fast on some stupid sugar water!

That’s the spirit @Sharon_E! :+1:

(Little Miss Scare-All) #963

I did NOT eat these. I wanted these. But did not.

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #964

Is star dust keto?

Oh, Unicorn tattoos!

(Little Miss Scare-All) #966

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: My gut instinct tells me, no.

Can I put one on the top of your noggin?

That was my plan. Where else would it go? :man_shrugging:

(Little Miss Scare-All) #968

Do you really want me to open those floodgates?

I didn’t think so.

I don’t know where your dirty mind is going, but I only have one requirement for a tattoo. It’s got to be visible with ALL my clothes on.

(Little Miss Scare-All) #970

But you always wear a beekeeper suit. How can I manage this?!?!?!

I think you answered your own question there. :slight_smile: