What did you NOT eat today?

avoided
success
temptations
unhealthy

(Susan) #932

My grandson’s breaded broccoli and cheese filled processed chicken breast that he cooked too many of and didn’t eat.

So you didn’t chicken out? :slight_smile:

(Sorry, couldn’t help myself.)

(Empress of the Unexpected) #934

Rye bread. Though I spent all morning thinking about it.

(Jill F.) #935

Brocolli cheese casserole at Cheddars. I didnt realize it had rice in it so I asked for broccoli by itself and she said Oh it’s ok you can keep it. It taunted me all through lunch!

(Doug) #936

Carbohydrates from around the world… :neutral_face:

Did someone send you one of those boxes, @OldDoug?

(Doug) #938

No, Darren (thank goodness) - but I did see an ad for it on Facebook. It reminded me a bit of going to a shopping mall last Sunday, where I passed a manual candy-dispenser area. Right next to a soft drink machine (:roll_eyes:) it was 20 or so huge containers, the old-fashioned “Put coins in them and turn the handle” type. These were really big, 4 or 5 feet tall - wouldn’t have to fill them very often. I don’t know - 50, 75 lbs of candy in each one? A bit dizzy, I walked on past.

(Jane) #939

The pizza they brought in for lunch. If I wasn’t fasting I would have scraped off the tops on a couple. It smelled really good. And I had to turn down offers twice. But I just stuck my head into piping and instrument drawings and ignored it. It was scarfed up pretty fast so the smell didn’t linger.

(Wendy) #940

I really wanted A Dairy Queen ice-cream today. But when I got home from work my hubby had some deviled eggs, so I ate those instead. I then went on to do about 4 hours of gardening. Then I realized it was about 8:00 and I was thinking I should eat dinner. It was a good day!

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #941

the little cake square that came with my coffe melange yesterday.

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #942

I was 30 h fasted, a friend and I went to watch a movie in the club house.
they had my former fav double chocolate shortbread cookies and potato chips.
Spoiler: I am 43 h fasted now XD

(Empress of the Unexpected) #944

Just don’t know how you guys do it! Congrats.

(Elizabeth ) #945

I have a free period at work, and the last pack of peanut M&Ms in the snack box is calling my name. I’m not even hungry. Posting here to combat the temptation!

Lol, I tried to delete the post so I could eat the M&Ms, but having a deleted post in the What did you NOT eat today thread seemed a little obvious.

Well, I guess it’s KCKO for me, even though I want those dumb M&Ms.

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #946

Good tactic!

Bless you, Elizabeth!

This post made my day! :smile:

('Jackie P') #948

On last night’s shift a nurse, just returned from maternity leave called me! "Jackie, We have pizzas ". There was a time that would have had me excited and hungryyyyy… but I politely told her “you are so kind but nowadays I am a carb free zone”! When I got to the ward she said “OMG you are…smaller”!
I’ll take it😊

@CrackerJax

Hi Jacqueline, I’m a nurse too! I’m new to Keto but if I reported everything I’m tempted with at work I’d fill the thread :joy:. What is it with nurses and cake? Any excuse for a fuddle too :open_mouth:. When I’m on shift my strategy is to avoid the staff room at all costs :grin:

Spent the late afternoon plucking carrots and parsnips out of the garden that had been wintered. They were lovely and huge. I grilled steaks for dinner, along with the carrots and parsnips. I put them in a foil pocket with butter and salt. Also had baked potatoes and a baguette. So, the family ate some of everything.
I happily sat at the other end of the table with my ribeye and dipping sauce (aka melted butter.) Never had a dinner tasted so good!!!
Earlier in the week:
Avoided the boxes of donuts and pastries in the breakroom at work.
Resisted eating homemade macadamia/white chocolate cookies.
Ignored the coffee cake at church.
Sat patiently in the car while the entire family enjoyed the 2 loaded cheeseburger and French fry special at the drive-in burger place. I drank an unsweetened iced tea, as I wasn’t the least bit hungry. This was an exercise in intuitive eating for me. Learning to eat ONLY when I feel absolutely hungry is a new thing, and I am trying my darndest to master it.

@SecondBreakfast you are a KETO WARRIOR!