What did you NOT eat today?

avoided
success
temptations
unhealthy

Ooh, they do make them look delicious, don’t they?

Oh well, they’ll just taste like chemicals anyway. :slight_smile:

(Heather Meyer) #707

A fish place that serves lots of cakes…wow…
I…couldnt…even…:exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head:
Good Job for resisting!

(Deborah ) #708

Today (this morning) I did NOT eat any of the vast assortment of bagels, pastries, and juices provided by a visiting VP of our company for a breakfast get-together at work. It was a nice gesture, to be sure, however, it was a mass of sugar and carbs!

(Janelle) #709

We had a vendor in. I made them order me a separate salad with chicken. I did not eat any of these sweets - although I love miniature stuff and these mini bundt cakes are the first sweet things that made me truly want them since starting keto.

Great job, Janelle! :+1:

Didn’t eat any of the Pup’s Birthday treats. 30 Nuggets (divided) and a cheese-burger a piece. … This is not to mention all the other food they shared with us earlier during dinner. :slight_smile: Spoiled little brats. :smile:

(Diane) #712

Just as they should be!

(Hermie) #713

When I travel, my car snacks include sugar-free drinks, homemade low-carb creamers (for the coffee that I buy along the way), pork rinds, beef jerky (one piece at a time) and 75%-plus cacao chocolate (one square at a time), and himalayan sea salt. If I’m traveling alone, I can usually skip meals along the way.

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #714

I am writing in because I failed at not eating the chocolates in the office kitchen because my Monday started like hell (not a good excuse though)

But I am also writing in because I won’t have any more of those…

Stay strong, @Hardrock_keto_chick! :muscle:

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #716

Thanks so much for the support. I will :muscle: I know I can :smiley:

(Ketoviking) #717

This past weekend was my wife’s birthday. She came home from work Friday with a tin full of perfectly frosted strawberry cupcakes her workmates had surprised her with. Saturday we celebrated with her family as I sat in silence and they enjoyed a homemade coconut birthday cake. That came home with us too. I have fought the good fight and succeeded thus far! Today is her actual birthday, so when she retires for the eve they will promptly find their way to the trash, homemade or not. Does anyone else struggle with a spouse who eats completely separate from your keto way of life?

(shawn) #718

I do. My husband doesn’t eat keto. Most of the time I cook meat and veggies, and he just adds bread or some carby food to the meal. Along with keto, I found that I needed to cut out the booze, too. Watching him have a nice drink, and not allowing myself any, was the hardest part. Now, none of it bothers me. It’s not food. I can actually appreciate the sight and smell of a beautifully decorated cake, and not think of it as food. The really hard part is watching my husband eat it, and knowing that he’d feel so much better without it. He’s not overweight, but he’s got a very bad back, and he’d do so much better without all of the inflammatory foods he eats.

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #719

Wow! that reframing is so powerful. love it!

(Ketoviking) #720

This is the hardest part for me as well. My wife is a wonderful woman and I adore her. She is overweight and beyond that is the picture of health in regard to her clinical numbers. However she does struggle with body image no matter how much I reassure her that she’s the most gorgeous creature that has ever walked this earth. You hit on the key factor that I have experienced with my short time in KETO. I FEEL AMAZING! Even she has noted that my personality is brighter and my mood is more upbeat. Things don’t stress me out as much as they once did and I am more attentive to her. Ultimately I believe that is just and extension of the energy that KETO affords you. Currently she’s pregnant but has shown interest in trying it once the little critter arrives.

(less is more, more or less) #721

I have a coworker who “kindly” and freely offers these diabetes pellets to office guests. Drives me bonkers but I shan’t spill a word about it. Well, in that office, at least.

I should place a bowl of cigarettes right next to it.

(Doug) #722

Everything except Prosciutto and Provolone.

That cracks me up, every time you say it. :laughing:

Yeah, I guess you couldn’t take a picture of that. :slight_smile:

Oh my gosh, @shawnkuplin!

I’ve heard lots of descriptions of non-keto food, but this is so simple and so true!

IT’S…NOT…FOOD!

Brilliant! :+1: