What did you NOT eat today?

avoided
success
temptations
unhealthy

(Jane) #281

MAJOR victory!

I could walk past an entire aisle of chocolate and ignore it… but potato chips are my biggest weakness and I have not had any since going keto because I know I couldn’t stop myself. I can eat a few tortilla chips at a Mexican food place and stop after 3 or 4, but not potato chips.

Congrats!

Yeah, I can live without chocolate too (I’ve often had blocks of Lindt in the pantry for months on end until they expire, without arousing my interest), but crunchy/salty stuff is my crack. <le sigh>

(Diane) #283

That’s one of the toughest for me! Last one I had was on my birthday in April.

(Diane) #284

I seem to remember Laura Ingalls Wilder’s mom making something similar in the Little House on the Prairie books, mock apple pie with green tomatoes.

(Diane) #285

Ooh. I have almost everything I need to make this! I’ll just need to track down some noodles.

I did not eat the donuts :doughnut: someone brought in today!

I have always loved those creme filled chocolate covered donuts. Great job passing on those

(Adriana) #288

Hahahah a little bit.

(Blessed with butter ) #289

I did not eat anything. Until my blood was drawn. Can’t wait for the results :star_struck:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

My weakness is the cinnamon crumb donuts! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(Blessed with butter ) #292

Wow great job. That would have been tempting

Yes, but the aftermath isn’t pleasant. I usually end up with diarrhea after having a lot of carbs, and a donut will definitely do that to me! And then my stomach is all nauseous and uncomfortable so that isn’t good either.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #294

My husband made pancakes and I did not eat one. Or even a nibble. Though they were still warm and I was picturing one slathered in butter. (And pancakes are not my real favorite, hashbrowns are.) But it was cold and rainy outside and for some reason a warm buttery pancake seemed appealing. (I did touch one though, for the warmth!)

(Troy) #295

THank goodness for Keto clarity and NO brain fog

If not, I was hitting the exit fast !
W my Keto quickness :smile:
I’m fast
Not a worker in sight …Twix as a bat!!!

So close
Miss these :sweat:

They got to keep coming up with new gimmicks to sell their crap.

So, the candy jar at work had something I’ve never seen before, Hershey’s Gold, with pretzels and peanuts.

hersheys

Intrigued, I decided to have one. WHAT A MISTAKE!

All I could taste was this chemical taste in my mouth. :face_vomiting: I had to pop a cough drop (the only thing I had available), just to get rid of that chemical taste.

I guess if nothing else, it was good to be reminded that what I remember things tasting like, probably don’t taste good to me anymore.

“DO NO WANT” “SUGAR IS POISON”

It’s Sunday morning, and that reminded me of a tradition we once had, here at Casa Del Conway.

2 – glazed twists
2 – glazed cinnamon roles
3 – glazed donuts
2 – cherry donuts w/ sprinkles
2 – blueberry cake donuts
1 – sugar cake donut

I had this list saved on my computer, and would print it out every time we went to buy donuts on Sunday morning. I made a list because my kids were very specific, and I didn’t want the donut place to get the order wrong. (@gumby would appreciate this :wink:)

No chance of them getting it wrong anymore. :grin:

(Running from stupidity) #298

OK, so the phrase “serves you right, what did you expect?” popped into my head just then. Probably some weird coincidence.

(I Am The Egg Man ku-ku-kachoo) #299

Movie date last night!

Wife and I saw “A Star is Born”. Loved it.

I’ve worried about a movie date for awhile, since I simply cannot sit in a movie theater without a huge bucket of lightly pseudo-buttered popcorn and a coke big enough to bathe a housecat.

I prepped in advance, wearing a pocketed, baggy sweatshirt discreetly stuffed with jerky, some nuts, prepackaged salami and cheese rollups, and a baggy of picante chicharrones…

Well, it was awesome.
No popcorn or soda for me (skinny wife imbibed), and I didn’t eat any snacks. Never thought about them.

Breaking the carb/sugar addiction and becoming fat adapted changed everything.

(Doug) #300

:clap: Well done, Don. :slightly_smiling_face:

It’s perverse - the only thing I think is even a halfway decent deal there are those huge buckets of popcorn - because you can get free refills… :neutral_face: