What did you NOT eat today?

avoided
success
temptations
unhealthy

(Running from stupidity) #241

There’s a logical disconnect here :slight_smile:

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #242

On vacation. No fries, no onion rings and no homemade chips.

(Danielle) #243

Made my son Spaghetti O’s; I did NOT eat the last three spoonfuls… I scraped them into the garbage!

I should have heeded the warning. :drooling_face:

:laughing:

Vacations can be tough.

Good job, Eric! :+1:

(Blessed with butter ) #247

I had a craft day at church today. I did not eat the lunch. Chicken noodle soup and a brownie and bread. Went home and had pork belly and eggs with wilted greens

I was served a plate of onion rings, so I took the breading off and ate the onions. Also served roasted Brussels spouts with apple. Same thing, just left the apple pieces behind. Yay me!

(Empress of the Unexpected) #249

Not sure I would have been that strong when faced with onion rings!

When I get a sandwich I just take the bread off and eat what’s left. Same with onion rings and pizza! Yum

I did not eat funnel cake or fresh corn at the Pumpkin Patch Party today
or the birthday cake at the birthday party this evening.

Today was surrounded by party foods!

That was a culinary landmine! :astonished:

I took my four-year-old to a local festival, the Issaquah Salmon Days. It’s great fun as well as educational at the same time, but the other big pull is the sheer amount of food they have there:

http://www.issaquahchamber.com/sd-2018-foods (that’s just in the common food area, they have all sorts of other food trucks scattered throughout).

It was a carbster’s paradise, carbs everywhere you looked, wondrous amounts of carnival food from the sweet to the savoury. There wasn’t anything keto I could have eaten, at least not without being weird (like a brat without the bun, etc). And yet I wasn’t bothered at all. In years past I can remember guzzling down piroshki, a brick of curly fries, elephant ears - then still feeling hungry later and maybe grabbing something on the way home. Instead today I spent time with my daughter enjoying the atmosphere, watching the salmon swim upstream, getting her some yummy food from a few vendors and generally enjoying myself. I didn’t eat until tonight when I had some great shabu-shabu hot pot.

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #254

I’m glad you enjoyed your day with your daughter. But how sad there wasn’t keto friendly food at a salmon festival! :woman_facepalming:

Haha, yes. They showed off some huge coho, chinook and sockeye salmon. But no sign of them on a plate!

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #256

Yes. I’m snacking too much but just zero carb jerky. Finding I need to just eat some fat. Butter is my friend. Last night got some yummy olives and felt better.

Not even “Steak-On-A-Stick”? :open_mouth:

It makes you realize how much our lives used to be controlled by food. Now, I feel like we’re the ones in control. We make the decisions, not feeling deprived if we don’t have a certain food in particular.

I know a lot of people’s mentality for going to these festivals, fairs, etc. is only to eat the food. How much are we missing out on, when our brains are focused on that one train of thought? And if you’re like me, you typically fill up on all the carbage, and don’t even feel like enjoying the rest of the festival, you’d just rather go home.

I don’t know if you intended this, or if you realized it, but when I read your account, I’m hearing you talk about how your relationship with food has changed, and this change has made it possible to enjoy things (see things with a different perspective) that you hadn’t before.

@Gaff, I agree with @Ruina, I’m glad you got to enjoy the day with your daughter. This is a GREAT story! Thanks for sharing it with us. :+1:

Yes, very much so! I am pretty certain when we’d go to things like this in the past, I’d be more excited about the food than anything else. If we spent “too long” doing non-food things I’d start fretting and wondering what time we were planning to go and eat. I’d be scouting out what everyone in the crowds was eating to make a plan for what I’d eat later.

Now it doesn’t even cross my mind, in fact it mostly seems a bit boring. We had way more fun yesterday just watching the salmon jumping up the ladders, going to the education centre and listening to some kid-friendly hands-on teaching, and just walking around and taking in everything. My daughter isn’t keto but even she isn’t super wired to want everything, she spotted one particular thing she wanted and was happy with that. Oh, and of course, some ice cream, but what kid doesn’t like ice cream?

I found this on my desk this morning…at least there was ‘healthy’ fruit :wink:

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #260

Are your coworkers fruit / candy bombing you?