What did you NOT eat today?

avoided
success
temptations
unhealthy

My favorite cheese is an organic raw sharp white cheddar. I make sure I always have a block of it in my fridge as it is my go-to cheese for everything! :cheese:

(Running from stupidity) #222

Much as I hate to say this, that’s smart.

This is my first posting. Four months on keto and have lost 30 lbs.

I was invited to my sister’s tonight for dinner (most of which I could eat). When my brother-in-law took a tray of piping hot crescent rolls out of the oven, I thought I would go mad from the freshly baked bread aroma.

But, I didn’t eat them. Whew!

I have my moments. :grin:

Great job, @jeanbar! I’m proud of you for resisting. :+1:

(Michelle G) #226

I have a Macdonalds at the end of my street, about a 4 minute walk. I rarely went there even when I wasn’t on keto but since they put in a McCafe, their sweet carb laden treats are to die for. Especially the donuts with either strawberry or chocolate icing. I’m happy to say that I’ve made it a point to get off at a later bus stop and approach my apartment from the the side streets so that I can avoid those donuts. They are particularly tasty in times of stress! But even though sometimes I fall off keto briefly, I can happily say I avoid those rings of deadly deliciousness every day!

Thanks! Some days are easier than others and today was hard.

My experience is it get easier with time. Now, when I’m confronted with sweets or bread, all I can think about is how bad it will be for me, and I can’t hardly stand the thought of eating it.

Here’s wishing you more easier days, and fewer hard ones!

(Blessed with butter ) #229

I skipped the gummy bears my grand kids were eating. Also a apple :green_apple: that they left here. Instead I made 48 Neapolitan Fat bombs :grin:

You gotta watch those grand kids! :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

(Wendy) #231

Today I have avoided eating anything. However it is only 6:30 AM and I’m not out of bed. :laughing:

I see what you did there, very clever! :grin:

What amazing forethought and commitment, Michelle! OUTSTANDING!

I’m proud of you! :+1:

FTW!

(Blessed with butter ) #233

Yes I want them to eat well too but I don’t have total control of their diet. They do get BACON SASUAGE AND EGGS FOR BREAKFAST. And they eat what ever my hubby and I have keto for dinner. At least a couple times a month I have control.

Bacon Wrapped, Jalapeno cheese stuffed Chicken Breast. :thinking:

But only because I made up a new recipe, Taco Stuffed Mushrooms today instead! :stuck_out_tongue: I know, not really what the thread is about, but it still fits somewhat. :smile: … I placed the pics in the ‘What did you Keto today’ thread.

Oh, you sly dog, you! You really had me going there.

What? Have you lost your mind? That’s perfectly okay to eat!

Now that I know; I’ve got my eye on you, Dave. :eye:

I’ve got to check that out! :+1:

(Hermie) #236

I was at Fresh Market a couple days ago, had only been there once since starting Keto (2+ months ago.) I loaded up on good coffee, and some great meat buys- salmon, lamb chops, chicken, and chicken wings. When I bought the wings at the deli, I was asked if I wanted the “wing/pizza” special, which was a full-size, cheese or pepperoni pizza, free with purchase of a pound of wings. At first, I said no, then decided, I can get the pizza, since it’s free, and just not eat the crust. That night, I fixed the wings and pizza for dinner, and although it was so tempting (the crust looked and smelled so good!), neither my husband or I ate any of the pizza crust, opting instead for just the toppings.

Great story, Ida.

Free pizza? They’ll think of anything.
Way to turn it around on them! :+1:

We had free breakfast parfaits today. Yogurt (probably not terrible as it was full fat greek…except I do not tolerate dairy) strawberries, bananas, apples and granola topping. Some of the office people didn’t like the unsweetned yogurt. I was thinking to myself how overly sweet it probably was with all that fruit and granola.

It looked colorful and delicious :smile:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I’ll bet your right!

We had a lady retiring today, and they set out all kinds of the typical fare. There were a few keto friendly options, but they also had fruit and vegetable trays. I ate a couple of pieces of celery with the dip, and then I had a strawberry. Had to eat another celery to get the sweet taste out of my mouth. :laughing:

Great job, Trisha! Your story makes me a “Hapyguy”. :grin:

Hash browns. They came as part of my breakfast plate and looked and tasted terrible so I left them alone.