What did you NOT eat today?

avoided
success
temptations
unhealthy

(Empress of the Unexpected) #201

I tried giving up cheese - it lasted two weeks. And, as Digital_Dave points out, it is a keto staple. Parmesan is one of my favorites, and I can’t imagine salads or vegetables without. I think it’s Gary Taubes (someone correct me if I am wrong) that advises up to .4 ounces of cheese per day.

(Carissa JB) #202

Hi Regina, What did you eat for the 2 weeks without it? Did you feel any different?

(Empress of the Unexpected) #203

Yeah, I shouldn’t have made the BIG announcement in my accountability thread! :rofl::rofl: I announced I was stopping all dairy AND nuts. I just ate meat and vegetables, which probably didn’t kill me, but cheese is so satieating!!! (Still can’t spell that…) And I added it back in for the calcium, which really is important. I’m at maintenance weight right now, so I am keeping it in my diet as long as I stay at maintenance.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #204

I didn’t feel different, other than being really hungry!

Yep, cheese is definitely a staple for Keto, and I usually eat it every day. Especially when added to dishes, such as what Regina describes. I will slice cheddar just to eat by itself, but try to use it in my meals more, such as with salads, on meats, etc. I don’t really count as to how much each day, but I know I like it added to things, versus not. … I can easily add a few ounces just to a burger, but I find I use a lot more, if I’m just throwing some kind of dish together, especially when in the oven. - Something like ground beef, steak or chicken. I will just add some Rao’s Sauce and cover it with cheese and bake it. Or I have a variety of dishes where I just take sliced Zucchini, Yellow Squash or Eggplant, add either just cheese, or sauce and cheese and bake. Makes little mini-pizza style treats. Or just cheese by itself. :slight_smile: … But there’s not much better than fried cheese, and the ideas can be endless.

But as mentioned it is a good source of calcium, good in fats and low carb. So it’s really helpful in keeping one satiated. … I do find that when I keep mostly grated cheese around, I use it mostly in meals. But when I have blocks of it on hand, snacking can commence and the amount can easily climb higher then you intend. :slight_smile:

(Carissa JB) #206

I’m so glad to see that I’m not the only cheese lover here. I just need to keep it to a sensible amount😜

You can keto without cheese. It is definitely harder as every recipe seems to be overloaded with it. I love cheese… But cheese doesn’t love me :frowning: so I have it almost never. It seems we all have our foods that we tend to overindulge with… The first step is admitting/acknowledgibg it

(Carissa JB) #208

The devil :imp: is in the blocks for me as well. When I take one out of the freezer it seems to call my name every time I walk by…

(Empress of the Unexpected) #209

I passed one of my husband’s corn tortillas today and did not eat it. I go through that every day. I’ve lost a ton of virtual pounds NOT eating tortillas!

Taco’s have always been one of my favorite dishes. (Seasoned meat, cheese, sour cream, lettuce/tomato and Italian dressing) And @DoggieMom really enjoyed the cheese shells I made, and I plan to make her some more next weekend. Still not the same as the corn shells, which I loved, but they are indeed good. - I just make sure to add just enough taco seasoning that is needed, and not overdo it, which would build up carbs quickly if I made it like before I started Keto.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #211

Onions. Hold the Italian!

(Wendy) #212

I did not have the cotton candy today. I was a little tempted and could have allowed myself “one taste” but I knew that would be a slippery slope for me. I did eat the hotdogs without buns for our Epic Dads Event. Those tasted good and may have had a few extra carbs but I’m okay with that. I was active and didn’t eat any sweets. :slightly_smiling_face:

(Winifred Laetitia Ashford-Brown) #213

Out for lunch yesterday. Just ate roast pork & crackling and a few brussel sprouts, avoided Yorkshire pudding and roast potatoes. Serrano ham and not the melon, no pudding.
Breakfast was BBQ chop & a sausage.
Not hungry until the middle of the night, the presence of a Brie in the fridge woke me up, so ate half of it.
Eating is still not very disciplined and probably not eating enough fat.
Oh well, today is another day.

Great attitude, Winifred!

I would say what you ate wasn’t bad, but if you want to be more disciplined, then you are correct, there’s always tomorrow. No need to feel guilty, you’ll get there.

It is for most of us. :open_mouth:
Great job resisting the temptation, Wendy!

So it’s time for our monthly safety meeting at work, but I made sure the stuff myself with eggs and sausage, so I wouldn’t even have room for donuts, if tempted. :wink:

I had to find this thread so I could report that they are offering free sugar of my favorite kind—sheet cake—at the airport of all places, and I didn’t even consider taking some. It hurts though… it would taste really good.

I had that same thought, some time back, when I tried a piece of coconut cream pie (used to be my favorite!). But after eating it, I just had this horrible taste in my mouth, and I got sick to my stomach.

Now, my wife, Lisa, says Coke still tastes as good as it used to, but I disagree. I can’t stand to drink soda anymore.

Good job avoiding that sheet cake! :+1:

Airport huh? Those bastards!

I used to work at a place where donuts :doughnut: were the birthday treat. Guess Someone thinks there less fattening than birthday :birthday: cake :cake:!

Brie is definitely fat!!! :grinning: