What did you learn today?

Honestly, I thought I was stalling out and was going to start trying to do a little more exercise. But, I was on another thread, pondering the idea of carnivore/mostly carnivore, requesting ideas for go-to carnivore foods - and decided to just give it a whirl.

I like greens tremendously too! I grow them, right along side my beef cattle. But, if eliminating the tiny bits of carbs from even those greens could produce results like this, I can live without greens every single day, like I was eating before. I might just try having greens on special occasions, rather than routinely.

The only thing non-carnivore that Iā€™m not quite over yet are pecans and macadamia nuts. I have a few to munch on sometimes, and it kills off the craving for sweets and other garbage foods. But, Iā€™ve gotten over the olives, pickles, salads, etc. for now. I feel spectacular! Give it a go! The veggies will still be growing in a week or so!

Thatā€™s crazy!
Iā€™ve dropped 4 in 48 hours. Now I feel challenged to beat, or at least meet, your success. Yes, Iā€™m very competitive, lol.

(Susan) #1628

I too have been considering carnivore.
I learned if i put butter and cinnamon on macadamia nuts and warm them up for a minute in the microwave I think I am eating dessert.

@SecondBreakfast

Meant to reply to your post, not my reply. Oops!

Well, never got close to matching your 72 hour loss. I needed 2.8, but only managed 1.8. Still, I have 45 minutes left to orchestrate a 1 pound :poop: to pull it off. :grin: Maybe Iā€™ll eat straight coffee grounds to get things moving!

(Diane) #1630

Or drink salt water!

Hmmmmmmā€¦ :thinking:
How much do I need, do you think?

Nm, found a recipe.

Iā€™ve drank 2 cups so far (half the recipe). I feel like Iā€™m drowning in the ocean.

Iā€™m feeling some rumblings but I donā€™t think itā€™s gonna happen in the next 5 minutes. Oh well!

Lol!! Iā€™ve been drinking Dr. Berryā€™s Keto-ade, and wonder if thatā€™s not a big part of how the weightloss happened.
Hereā€™s the recipe, if you want to try it:
Fizzy water, like Perrier
1/2 tsp no salt(potassium chloride)
1/2 tsp good salt
5+ drops liquid stevia
1 ounce ACV
drop or so of essential oil. I use orange oil, and use more like 5-10 drops to erase the ACV taste.
So, put all that in a large drinking container, top off with fizzy water and ice.
Not bad.

Right now Iā€™m just drinking a gallon of lemon water a day, sucking on big chunks of pink salt washed down with coffee (yum), and twice a day I pour some Lite Salt into the palm of my hand, lick it up and wash down with the lemon water. If I ever get behind in supplementing usually my first symptom is lightheadedness, which I rectify by drinking pickle juice.

My stomach is grumbling from all that salt water earlier. That what I get for trying to game the system. Iā€™m afraid to fart.

(Diane) #1634

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Been there (other causes though)!

('Jackie P') #1635

All you need is a tot of tequilla for a Keto
friendly slammeršŸ˜€

I canā€™t stand tequila, it smells like rotting death to me. :nauseated_face:

I knew already I canā€™t stand hot weather in summer. Long summers. Today and these days in central Europe I learnt I will put all my effort to reach a goal - not having to live in this heat. As much as I will be trying to stay healthy and lose weight and look nice and all that, I do not want having to put up with these awful, scorching, depressing, unwholesome, damaging heats for half of the year. Wonā€™t be better with ageing, but i swear it didnā€™t use to be like this before. I also hate all people that venerate what they call ā€œsummerā€ and how beneficial it is.
Iā€™m losing my willingness to do absolutely anything in these temperatures, physically, mentallyā€¦
Sticky, sweaty, flaunting season of show-offs and pretense happiness. Take me to cold countries, Iā€™ll be good!

Thatā€™s what youā€™re supposed to do when itā€™s hot! Siesta in the afternoon like people who live around the Mediterranean. People in the American South sit on their porches in the shade and drink iced tea and donā€™t do anything active. Spring and Fall and seasons for activity. Summer mornings maybe. Summer afternoons are for being languid. I hate people who ruin lovely warm days by complaining about the heat and refusing to live like itā€™s hot. :grin:

No, no. I will chose hot when I want to - I reserve it for holidays. I do not otherwise function - I mean it, including brain, metabolism, digestion - in the heat. I feel to sit 12 hours since the sun rise till sun set and do nothing a waste of my life. I need to do things before I die.
And besides, spring and fall are so reduced here, and no one talks about them anyway. I donā€™t remember when I heard anyone (esp.younger person) say the word ā€œautumnā€. Climate is changing and I am saddened that people just put up with it.

('Jackie P') #1640

Oh dear :roll_eyes: All the more for me then :smiley:

I donā€™t know what I did wrong. Itā€™s been 6 hours and nothing is happening other than a pissed-off tummy. Iā€™m afraid to take a nap in case I shart in my sleep!

Iā€™ll try anything once. Donā€™t think Iā€™ll be doing this again :upside_down_face:

(Karim Wassef) #1642

Salt water of different concentration have different effects from

nothing-nausea-diarrhea-vomit-loss of consciousness-death

The dose makes the poison

(Susan) #1643

@Sharon_E

Aww =(( One of my friends takes Materna (which is I know a pregnancy vitamin pill) but she said it is really helping her with periods and she is well irregular with them so kind of pre-menopausal as is nearing 50. I know you are younger, but maybe they would help? My daughter took them even after she had the baby for a while, and said it was helping with cramps, etc when she had periodsā€¦ she has a monthly needle now and doesnā€™t get them so doesnā€™t need them now but it did seem to help with the hormonal elements.

Letā€™s take this to my accountability thread, I donā€™t want to hijack this one.

https://www.ketogenicforums.com/t/sharon-gets-a-hair-up-her-butt-and-starts-an-accountability-thread/87216/509

I learned this morning that my husband and his racing friends are like dogs, they have to mark every new road in the neighborhood - a dog pees, these rascals take their cars out :joy::see_no_evil: