What did you learn today?

This week, I have learned what it feels like to break out of jail. Food Jail, that is. The kind of imprisonment that has held me to “meal times”, eating 3 meals a day, eating because it’s my scheduled break at work, eating because I’m bored…that kind of “food jail”.

Feeling that sense of freedom from food, and all the decades of Pavlovian “mealtime”, and “clean your plate” practices - is nothing short of exhilarating and eye=opening. Haven’t eating for 16 or 18 hours now. Don’t miss it. Getting lots of other things done. And the freedom is amazing.

This might sound weird to some of you, but when you’ve been living in, well, essentially a prison of a body for decades - experiencing what it feels like to run free is something truly incredible. I’ve learned that freedom from food addiction tastes better than anything you can serve up on a plate.

(KCKO, KCFO) #1607

Snapedia is the ultimate rabbit hole. I’m down there almost daily.

(Karim Wassef) #1608

Much respect! Always keep pushing.

(KCKO, KCFO) #1609

Loved this, thanks for sharing it with us.

I learned that my body does not respond well to sugar, ice cream, wheat product, etc after being off them so long. Made hubby a lovely lunch / dinner for Father’s day. Decided to enjoy a bit of angel food cake, berries and A LITTLE ice cream with the family.
Not even 5 minutes later. Blah. puked. (Sorry if that’s TMI). Stomach is now recovering, but ugh. It was awful, but, it taught me that its better to sip coffee than to eat sweets, even if it is a family occasion/function.

Learned how to gross my kids out.
My youngest son, 22, is known for having 2 things in his refrigerator. Ketchup and Beer. He keeps fish and steaks in his freezer. He puts ketchup on EVERYTHING, and lots of it. So, when he saw me eating a porterhouse steak, smothered in butter, he stopped dead in his tracks, and just stared. Finally, he just said loudly, “MOM.” “MOM, Come on!” “What is THAT on your steak??” I said, “butter. yummy butter.” He’s like, “gross. Isn’t that a bit excessive?”… coming from the kid who drowns food in ketchup. The moment was rich with hypocrisy.
Everyone at the table thought it was funny for a second, but the idea of butter on a steak just didn’t jive with them either. I just said, “This is how I’ve lost almost 30 pounds and you haven’t.”
It was delicious, by the way. =)

(Karim Wassef) #1612

How is butter on a steak gross?

I taught my kid to eat her steak rare and smothered at a young age. Now she can’t see it any other way. She loves how the juice blends in with the butter and soaks each piece in it.

(KCKO, KCFO) #1613

He is brain washed that saturated fats are bad. He is also addicted to the sugar in his ketchup and beers.

I do love SecondBreakfast’s reply to him.

(John) #1614

My first experience with buttered steaks was at a really expensive (well, for me, at the time) steak place: Ruth’s Chris Steak House. That was how they served the steaks, and they were excellent.

(Wendy) #1615

The first time is heard of butter on a steak was at a nice steak House years ago. We grilled our own at the place and butter was added on the grill.

I like using butter as a “dipping sauce” now, but my steak had cooled significantly yesterday- so I was able to just spread the butter on - like on toast - and eat it. I prefer dipping, though.

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #1617

Today I learned that if you convince enough friends to start keto, when they give up and go back to eating carbs, they give all their supplies to you because they no longer want/Need it!

This is the second time this has happened recently! :joy::joy:

I never considered this! I’m gonna start evangelizing, and make a list of things they need to buy. :grin:

FIFY

That’s awesome! Bad for them, but terrific for you! LOL!

I learned that eating primarily carnivore does wonders on the waistline and the scales. In 72 hours, I’ve dropped from 204.6 to 197.8.
It’s been over 23 years since the scale has seen those numbers! LOL! …Going to thaw out another ribeye…

Nice @SecondBreakfast! That’s amazing!

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #1623

Do it!! I won’t need coconut flour for a good few months now!! :joy::joy:

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #1624

My food cupboards are full right now!!!

(KCKO, KCFO) #1625

Wow @SecondBreakfast, that is a good result in short period of time.

Ever since I went to the Carnivore con. in March, I have considered doing carnivore. But I love me some green things. But I could probably do a carnivore 72 hr. fast easily enough. Will have to give that idea a spin. Love the n=1 experiment ideas I get on the forums.