What did you learn today?

(Doug) #1586

Good points, Becca.

That show does have quite a few success stories where people kept losing weight and really turned their lives around. Doesn’t really seem funny to me, though, just usually frustrating to see so much denial and enabling…

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #1587

I definitely agree that the show can be frustrating, to watch people slowly kill themselves with food. And the enabling and denial. But funny? Definitely not. My uncle ended up losing his battle with food a few years back. He easily had to be 700 lbs. Diabetic, but kept sneaking junk food every day even after losing teeth and toes. Eventually died of kidney failure. And it was so painful to watch. But also frustrating. I remember wanting to just shake him and ask why he was doing that to himself.

(Jane) #1588

That’s so sad, beccs and I am sorry you lost your uncle that way.

My guess as to why… at his size it was the last earthly pleasure he could enjoy, even if it was killing him.

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #1589

Thank you, Janie :pray:t4:

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #1590

I learned that tutors could die of all sorts of things. Well made, fun, even carby video:

(Wendy) #1591

And I can’t help but think about Mercury in metal fillings Yikes!
Dementia anyone? Thanks for sharing the video. I enjoyed it.

(Alec) #1592

You meant Tudors, right? :joy:

And the video is not available in Australia! :cry:

Try this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zSyjyLAWWM

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #1594

Yes Tudors. Duh!

(Karim Wassef) #1595

(Ellen) #1596

How to do a PowerPoint presentation.

(Diane) #1597

That is fantastic, especially as you learned it under a tight deadline!

(Paul H) #1598

I learned that my insulin has a bigger affect that I thought and I need to reduce my Protein intake more so because, I am thinking it is causing more insulin spike that I thought. I also learned that my IR is entirely separate to my A1c or BG levels. Yeah feeling dumb this morning.

(Little Miss Scare-All) #1599

Today, I’ve learned that the term Star-Crossed, as in lovers, means an inevitable epic fail of a relationship.

(Paul H) #1600

Well as least I don’t have a swastika on my forehead.

(Little Miss Scare-All) #1601

This is usually a plus @Paul28023 :rofl::rofl:

(KCKO, KCFO) #1602

I learned that Prof. Tim Noakes just keeps getting better and better. Just listening to him saying how the medical schools in So. Africa are colonized by Europe and America because they are dependent on the medicine from there. He is working on another book about how insulin resistance is the root cause of our common diseases now. And that low carb high fat can reverse that.

(Ellen) #1603

Thanks Diane :grinning:

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #1604

Today I learned that an excellent way to spend a sick day was to read all 1562 posts of this thread so far - I have learned and laughed so much!

What a great place to be!

:smiley:

Today I’m sorting through my genome based on some things I learned last night about genetic predisposition to types of muscle fiber, hypertrophy and strength. I think I’m completely average in this regard.

https://www.snpedia.com/index.php/Rs1815739
https://www.snpedia.com/index.php/Rs2228059