What did you learn today?

So you know how they always say “don’t eyeball or guesstimate” your portions?

Today I learned a tablespoon is not nearly as much as I thought it was. I actually measured the HWC for my coffee this morning (instead of pouring from the carton), and got quite the shock.

All these months I thought I was putting 2Tbs in my coffee, and it was really closer to four. No wonder my coffee tasted so good! :rofl:

(Ellen) #1563

Yeah, going to practice at home just in case.

You don’t even want to know how much HWC gets poured into my no-bake cheesecake fluff. I don’t eat that except when I’m severely hungry.

If I were to eat cheesecake fluff I would look like this afterwards

I hope that’s real butter and not margarine! :joy:

Haha, I thought the same thing!

(Boston_guy) #1568

Recently listened to this podcast - http://lowcarbmd.com/episode-10-dr-cywes-lays-it-down - with Dr. Robert Cywes. He’s a bariatric surgeon(!) but big into prevention and habit change before surgery. Basically using the language of addiction to understand habits / motivations.

I work from home so it’s very easy to wander through the kitchen and munch. The quote that stood out for me was “every snack is an emotional event”… using food/carbs as a crutch. Think I’ve been doing this way too much (GGT=59). He advocates doing some salty/lemony drinks or quick exercise as a “bridge” to get past the urge.

(Awesome Cheerleader For All) #1569

No! They can waste all the margarine they want. I don’t think that baby ate any.

It’s the butter you want to protect!

Can you get PUFA poisoning through the skin? :thinking:

(Eric - Less is more!) #1571

Please tell us more @carolT

Just joking around. I consider margarine to be a toxic substance. :skull_and_crossbones:

Also, don’t use it as a sunscreen unless you want crispy chicken skin.

(Eric - Less is more!) #1573

Oh the baby picture. Got it.

(Karim Wassef) #1574

wonder if you all see the same thing I did when watching this

(I'll trade you my bacon for your cheese) #1575

I’m thinking about eating delicious egg yolks n sucking them off the top of the sunnyside egg. NomNomz

And also other deep stuff. :grin:

(Karim Wassef) #1576

i think the yellow stuff is carbs… a drug that makes you sick and eventually turns the word dark …

(I'll trade you my bacon for your cheese) #1577

And this.

(Eric - Less is more!) #1578

Well done animation. Carbs forsure.

(Diane) #1579

I saw addiction. And yeah, carbs.

(Kirk) #1580

Drugs are bad, MMM-kay?

(Susan) #1581

I finally learned that when i prick the side of my finger facing down rather than the upper side it doesn’t hurt to type.